News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WyoTac Casper Wyoming 07-08Sept2018 AAR

Started by M1bzrk, September 09, 2018, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Friday 07Sept2019 Wyoming's  first Friday/Saturday Appleseed.  A delightful weekend at a delightful venue: WyoTac's Casper range.  Folks, if you are interested in tactical instruction, you could should call Wyoming Tactical.  Good folks and they support Project Appleseed!
The number of attendees was disappointing, but the quality was excellent!  Other than livestock, there were no walk-ons, and the cows kept a respectful distance.  THEY could follow the flags to where the action was!

Eric was the sole returnee from the spring event and it was a pleasure to see him again.  With two instructors such as Barb and Crystal, his accuracy improved dramatically from the spring - from 150 score on the AQT to the 190's!  Not quite there, but he has persevered thus far and I am positive that with his attitude his next Appleseed will see a new Rifleman.

Thank you Jason and WyoTac for sharing your range.  Thank you Crystal and Barb from taking time from your busy schedules and doing great jobs.  Thank you Eric for making the two days worthwhile and for your interest, dedication and enthusiasm.  Keep on keeping on and you will shoot the score.  See you in the spring if not before!

CRYSTAL, THANK YOU  FOR THE PHOTOS.

Lucky Lori

I am sorry to see your low attendance with such a Great  Staff  of  Instructors !!  Had i know about  it earlier  I would  Have  Certainly  driven  the distance  to  be  there and participate !  Thank you  for working  SOOOO hard  to have such a  good event .  Miss you guys !  while you are winding your season down for the year    we are  looking forward to the coming 6 months of the year and good  weather.  You are ALL welcome  to come to Florida and enjoy our good fall/winter weather and events  while you are taking a  cold  winter  break.    Lucky  Lori

Lucky Lori

I am sorry to see your low attendance with such a Great  Staff  of  Instructors !!  Had i know about  it earlier  I would  Have  Certainly  driven  the distance  to  be  there and participate !  Thank you  for working  SOOOO hard  to have such a  good event .  Miss you guys !  while you are winding your season down for the year    we are  looking forward to the coming 6 months of the year and good  weather.  You are ALL welcome  to come to Florida and enjoy our good fall/winter weather and events  while you are taking a  cold  winter  break.    Lucky  Lori

J_T

I've been to Appleseeds at a few places around the state, but haven't yet been able to check out Casper.  Good to see another even happening before winter sets in!

black91stang

I'd like to say Thank You to Berk, Barb and Crystal for the time and effort of putting on an event for just 1 shooter!  The fact that you did not cancel the event speaks volumes to all of your dedication to this program!  I think this fact is also apparent in how you prepared for the event; gear hauled from a long distance, posts driven into the ground, flags hung and the enthusiasm for the history being told.  You didn't have to do any of that for just 1 shooter but you did anyhow and I am very grateful!  Berk, thank you for spending an entire Saturday with me.  I had a great time shooting with you and I enjoyed our converstions.  I'd also like to say Thank You to Jason of WyoTac for hosting another event at your place and letting us borrow your gear!  Having said that there would have been no hard feelings on my part if the event had been cancelled due to a low turnout. 

I was able to take away quite a few things I can work on until the next shoot and this is just the brush up I needed before hunting season kicks in!  I hope to see you all at the next shoot!

colonial shooter

Eric, just remember to use the best practice (dry firing)It wil pay off in the long run. We hope to see you again in the spring. Til then hope your hunting season is profitable.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

sleepy

Sounds like a fun shoot! While we always hope for a full line, it's nice when the instructors have time to shoot, too.

Good Lord willing, I'll make it up to Casper again in 2019.