News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA WMGC Sept 8-9 AAR

Started by janer, September 04, 2018, 02:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

There is still room on the line, come on out!  The weather looks good, maybe a little rain on Saturday, but the range is covered.

janer

Thank you for coming out to Wolverton Mountain Gun Club.  I enjoyed working with you all this week-end.  Watching the groups get smaller, and the scores get higher was great.

Congratulations to Michael who turned in a 227 to earn his rifleman patch.  Bob is knocking at the door with a 202, hope to see you back on the line.  Sarah showed iimprovement all weekend shooting in the "marksman" range.  Keep practicing and hope to see you at another event.

Gl0ckGirl showed she knows very well what she's about and turned in a 239! 

I didn't get many photos.  I think the other instructors have some to publish.

Mike AKA Bandaid

It was a fantastic weekend! I believe Gl0ckGirl has all the photos. I was crushed when she shot that 239... I was pulling for ya Girl! You'll get that "Distinguished" in Dundee!

The weather could not have been any better! All the students seemed really engaged during the histories.

Michael was able to really put that new rifle through its paces, I got some good feedback from him on that.

A fantastic weekend, with like minded people and amazing weather! Thank You Jane!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

GL0CKGIRL

:pics:

Hehe sorry I had to.... here is the link to the photos we took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xaKJkJisGNDuqZjp9

JaneR and Bandaid said it all! It was a pleasure to get to work with all of you! I hope to see you back at another event!

That 239 hurt a little..... STILL my best score yet, but not a 240. There is a little story to tell... while I shot that 239 AQT.... I also learned what hot brass feels like when you're shooting sitting, and it somehow sneaks down your pants... and of course Jane was taking the right picture at the right time... for all your viewing pleasure...
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018

Mike AKA Bandaid

Yes, however, I would like to point out that you kept the muzzle in a safe direction, and then continued and shot a 239!!

Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Kimber Custom

Looks like a profile pic if I ever saw one  **)

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: Kimber Custom on September 11, 2018, 09:02:05 PM
Looks like a profile pic if I ever saw one  **)

I said that... I'll show you the bruise I got as a response from her.

I'm gonna say that's a no thank you.
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

GL0CKGIRL

If I had earned Distinguished I'd consider it as a profile picture.... but it was only a 239....  &)
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018

Wolfcry

Hey, Sarah here.  :)

Sorry about the hot brass Gl0ckGirl, all my fault! XD At least I wasn't using a 556...

I had a great time this past weekend, and of course I'm determined to get my scores up and earn that Rifleman patch next time! Just fyi that was my first time shooting that 10/22, mostly I'd been practicing with M4s, AKs, and doing classes with a TavorX95 prior to this. The techniques you taught for long distance are great though, I just need more practice, then work on speed. Maybe try an optic instead of irons too, although I'd like to be able to do it with irons, an optic can certainly help!

Cheers and see you next year. : )  :beer:

Elf

Michael here; thank you all for a very educational weekend! It was wonderful to earn the patch at the end as well, although past the after-lunch AQT my groups kept opening up and I think I could have done better.

Also thank you for the loan of the Tippmann M4-22. It was quite easy to use!