News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Park City, KY - July 14-15, 2018

Started by dond, July 17, 2018, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This was a mixed weather weekend. Saturday was HOT but Sunday blessed us with clouds and some mild rain. Google saved us by bringing a couple of large pop-ups for use behind the equipment line. The targets and backers were protected by dry cleaner bags. The firing line was protected with a rather small canopy, but it was sufficient for our four dedicated shooters. They were intensely interested in both the history and the marksmanship. And this included one who was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the period. He shared some of this information with us and it was news to us all. He even brought two flint lock muskets for us to examine. We all regretted that one of the shooters was unable to join us Sunday because his daughter had become ill overnight and had to be taken to Urgent Care.

We regret that no one achieved the Rifleman Score. However, the high score was a very respectable 199. All the shooters were well pleased with their improvement and the knowledge they gained. One has already signed up for the KD to be held here in September. These shooters followed instructions extremely well and this resulted in one of the safest events I have seen. They are to be commended for this.

The instructors, Google, Charley, and Yankee performed magnificently. We were especially pleased to have Charley and Yankee with us. They had driven 6 hours from Ohio to be with us in order to get a firsthand view of my rather unique Course of Fire in action. Charley plans to use it now with greater effectiveness at her future events.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

entr04y

Big thanks to Dond, Google, Yankee and Charlie for their instruction this last weekend.  They were all very dedicated, focused, and on point in the training.
This was my first Appleseed and I made an amazing amount of progress in the two days we were there; this was probably the most effective firearms training I've ever taken.  Learning more about the early days of the Revolutionary war, including detail that will help when I'm trying to explain why I shoot and why they should too was invaluable.  The weekend was well worth the time and money spent.

You bet I'm back for the KD in September and any other one I can make.  Once I clear that score, lets have a chat about the color orange, it looks like our state needs some help! ;)
First Appleseed:     Park City, KY 07/14/2018
Second Appleseed: Park City, KY 09/15/2018 - KD

Guntuckian

Great job, Park City crew!  Quality has a quantity all its own!  A score of 199 is knocking on the door to Rifleman!

â€" Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V