News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Known Distance Qualification day July '18

Started by Kimber Custom, July 17, 2018, 04:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Thursday is looking like an outstanding day to shoot. Cloud cover and a high of 79*. See you on the range.

Mike AKA Bandaid

Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Kimber Custom

Afraid not - insurance requires a red hat or higher in charge of a hot firing line. To the best of my knowledge, I will be the only full instructor on the line.

Kimber Custom

Great day out on the Known Distance range yesterday. Nice cloud cover kept things cool most of the day. 13 patriots came out - 4 shot score (2 new and 2 repeats). Only 1 managed to hit the Morgan's shingle.

Thanks to Mike for running the stopwatch all day, we kept on schedule and wrapped up right on time.

Shooters, one things I forgot to promote yesterday is DRRC is doing a 600 yard service rifle match on Aug 11th. You can shoot club Garands or bring your own. Match fee includes ammo. No need to be a member to participate: http://douglasridge.org/cmp.html

Some pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3LmwTX6VLrEFBa8w5

Mike AKA Bandaid

So, lemme get this straight. We had 12 registered on the list. We had 5 cancel. We still ended up with 13 shooters! That's fantastic.

The weather was perfect, and the facility is wonderful. Thank you for all your hard work getting us into, and maintaining the relationship with this facility Kimber.

Great group of shooters too
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Redhead

Public service announcement:  There might have been a 3rd new KD except someone (ahem, me) forgot to document their Stage 2 hits on their AQT score card.  Do not forget the paperwork!  :wb: :-[

DevonErik

Lots of things have to come out right to shoot score at full distance. A heavy and unfamiliar rifle, switching ammunition, an undetected loose sling mount, and some target woes all conspired to make me come up embarrassingly short that day.

But since every noteworthy accomplishment is hard, and every hard task carries the chance of failure, and every failure that can happen eventually will... we must conclude that nothing noteworthy can be accomplished without persistence in the face of failure.

So I'm going to practice with that big bastard until I can make it sing as easily as I can with my AR15.
1st Appleseed:            01/27/2017 - Eatonville, WA
Rifleman:                     02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
Cleared 1st Redcoat:  02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
1st KD:                        03/10/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR
KD Rifleman:                07/13/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."