News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coming to Wyoming and would appreciate some local intel

Started by DEH, July 16, 2018, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEH

I am a legacy instructor (since 2008). The family and I are going to Yellowstone and then staying at a ranch in the middle of nowhere afterwards.  Why?  Because we did a cross country vacation last year and fell in love with the West.  We are both native East coasters.

We have a few days on both sides of the plans and I want to check out some areas in Wyoming to possibly move to.

Are there any native Wyoming-ers that would mind some direct communication so I can pick their brain regarding the state?

Thanks
Duane
Lexington, SC
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Mark Davis

I'm not native to Wyoming, but my mom is.
I don't live in Wyoming, but I do live 60 miles north of the border in Montana.
I went to high school, spent some years working in the state, and travel across wyoming often.

What are you looking for? Trees and solitude? Garden spot and home shooting range?

One thing I find very important, make sure you can drink the water before moving.

DEH

That is a good tip about the water.

I am looking for some current information about the cities.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

M1bzrk

DEH,
Welcome to Wyoming.
I've been in Saratoga since 1989.  Lived/worked in: Connecticut, Vermont, Kentucky, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and finally HOME.
Saratoga is between Rawlins and Laramie, 21 miles South of I-80.  North Platte River runs through town.  Come visit.
You can call me at 307.710.7424
email: berkhotchkiss@yahoo.com

DEH

FlyingDevildog

Hey DEH

been in Casper for the last three years. nice city, Casper is one of the big cities in Wyoming, but compare to other cities it is small.

Casper Mountain just south, the price of land is good compare to back east.
there are jobs opening up here also.

what are you looking for?

Dawg

sleepy

Hope the trip to Jellystone went well for you and yours. I just saw this thread, and am replying.

I'm no native (been in SE Wyoming since 2011), but am happy to share what little I know of our cities, mostly of Laramie, a bit of Cheyenne, and pathetically little about the rest of the I-80 corridor. I'll leave the general info to references like Wikipedia; they do better than me.

Specific questions?

Sleepy