News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield, IL - 1 Day - July 14, 2018

Started by Laredo, July 14, 2018, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laredo

We had 7 people show up for our 1 day event.  All but one were there for their first AS event. 

We had a character building day.  The morning weather brought rain and lightening, forcing us indoors.  We took advantage of the time to tell our stories.  A. Shooter told the 1st strike for his first time and did a fantastic job.  It was clear he did a lot of preparation. 

The students hung in there through multiple weather delays.  Eventually the weather cleared and the sun came out.  We went from dodging lightning bolts to a sauna!  Again, the students persevered.  By the end of the day we got through our instruction and managed to fit in 3 AQT's.

Cinco, A.Shooter, and LnG all did a fine job instructing.  The students did a great job.  The ISRA range in Bonfield, IL were great hosts!  They guys that work there are very supportive of our events. 

Unfortunately, I do not have a single picture to share.  As this was the first event I have SB'd in a while, I simply forgot to take pictures! 
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Veritas

Glad it went well! Any update on an AAR for the June event in Bonfield?

QD

I've been wondering the same thing! Looking forward to seeing that AAR.