News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

instructor weekend off

Started by smoakingun, July 14, 2018, 05:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

it's time for a weekend off. As instructors we give a lot of time to the program. It's time we take a weekend to ourselves. I checked the Florida schedeule and found ONE weekend this year that has no event scheduled, October 27th and 28th.
This October 27th at the Gwin Farm in Ocala, Fl. we will be holding an event just for instructors. An event just for instructors to spend some time together around a fire and on a line. No students, no instructing, just appleseeders.
The date is set. PM me if you want to go.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

TheMenace

Is this a family affair? Is RV parking Friday/Saturday night a possibility?
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

PHenry

i know there has been camping at past events at the lovely Gwinn farm. You just gotta watch out for the Rainbow people.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Minutemom

The weather should be great for camping at the end of October!  Count me in!  Are we talking Saturday only, or all weekend?
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

PHenry

I would recommend we keep this as a non-Appleseeds event, accepting all the liabilities therein. The Gwinn's are some of the nicest folk I have ever met and they are opening their home to us.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

ok. it's been a while since I've been on the forum.
To confirm, the event is on. We will all be camping. If you have a camper, there is space to park it.
We have just a few weeks left untill the event and I need a head count.
We are going to, at the suggestion of PHenry, keep this an unofficial event. There will be no place to sign up officially, which means you need to let me know if you plan to attend.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

I have it on my calendar sir.  :---

Bad news is it looks as if I have repaired my fav rifle.  ^-^

TomM1Thumb

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

smoakingun

PHenry got his rifle fixed.
Oh joy
You can shoot between Bruce and Big Chris.

Thomas Jefferson

TheMenace

Bruce? Are 9mm4545 and Rambo Granny back?
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

9mm4545

We are still in Canada but are on the way back to FL. Not sure if we can make this one yet.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

PHenry

jest stake yer mats down gentlemen - you'll be fine.  :---

smoakingun

and for those that do not know the farm, this will be a full distance, no AQT event. There will be steels. There will be competition. There may be some wagering and prizes to be had.

Thomas Jefferson

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

drumNgun

Quote from: TheMenace on July 17, 2018, 11:56:02 AM
Is this a family affair? Is RV parking Friday/Saturday night a possibility?

Second on the question from TheMenace -  Family affair?  We'll be in the RV, of course.

Cable___Guy

Teardrop Trailer or Hammock ?
Also Food ? Out to dinner or are Smoak and I cooking ? I don't mind either way just thinking logistics.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

smoakingun

this is a remote location. no hook up for campers, no running water. no place nearby for food. prepare to be self sustaining for the weekend. We will do some kind of group meal saturday night

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

marginal hotel about 20 minutes away at interstate. Marginal Denny's (I think) on way to range from hotel for thems not wiling to rough it.  ^-^

The farm is utterly beautiful place - just be on look out for "rainbow warriors" and keep Sly223 away from them.

TomM1Thumb

Is the Quinn farm where I went to My First Appleseed?
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

smoakingun

if your first event was in the ocala national forest, then yes

Thomas Jefferson

TomM1Thumb

Smoak, Your comment, Made Me look back, funny I found copies of My Tickets for My First event,  that state Silver Springs Florida, Hosted at the Quin Farm. so I guess I have been there.

Nice People nice Place

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Paine

Cable___Guy

Smoak, Whats our head count looking like ?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

PHenry

Fittin to reserve the crappy hotel at highway. Anyone care to share - let me know.
PH

smoakingun

head count seems low. not a lot of folks have responded.
if you intend to come i need to know in the next few days

Thomas Jefferson

Cable___Guy

I will be there , I was planning on camping,  Trey I have extra tents if you would like to use one.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

PHenry

CG,
Being a man, I of course own a tent. Being old and spoiled, I of course require a hot shower every day.
thanks just the same,
PH

TheMenace

Roy (BilloRights) and I arrive Friday afternoon. Never been there . Need directions. Rough timeline would be nice.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

stoneknives

Cable___Guy

After speaking with Smoak today. He will send out directions and address soon. He and I will bring cooking gear. Plan on a 2 pot dinner Saturday night maybe white chicken chili and beef stew.
Plus grilled chicken and veggie for thems on a diet.
For Sunday lunch I have a huge amount of sloppy joe already made and frozen . I will bring that if someone wants to grab buns .

Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur