News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Targets for the Home Range

Started by Pelon, August 27, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

Good news to all who are able to visit or regularly attend shoots at the Home Range in Ramseur, NC.

Several NC Riflemen have gone in together and helped purchase full sized AQTs for the range.  They are made from AR500 steel and we hope to see many years of use out of them.  Please don't shoot the new targets with steel core ammo or if your bullet is traveling faster than 2700fps at the point of impact.  If you're not sure how fast your bullet is going, pm me and i'll send you a good chart to go by. 
In addition to the AQTs we also got several few 8-inch and 10-inch gongs to place around the range for some precision shooting!  They arrived at my shop the other day via a freight truck and I'm pleased at how well they look and I hope to get a group together soon to go to the Home Range and install them.

I want to give a big shout out to Tier 1 Targets for their help with this project.  https://tier1targets.net/
Without them this project could NOT have been affordable.  They gave Appleseed unbelievable pricing and did not ask anything in return!  Thanks SO MUCH Tier 1 Targets!

Tier 1 Targets, LLC was established in 2017 in the small town of Grass Lake, Michigan as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business ( SDVOSB ) that specializes in engineering research and development of reactive steel targets and range systems.

If you're looking to buy any targets you really need to call them first and tell them your an Appleseeder.  They do have an Appleseed Instructor discount and they have added the AQT to their product line.  And if you want anything out of the ordinary they have the ability to cut out just about anything you can think of!  They are a great group of guys and I'm looking forward to buying more from them in the future. 
If any of you want to buy several for the range in your own area, let me know and maybe we can get another bulk order together and save you some money too.

I'll post some pictures when the targets are installed.

Also, there is still a small need for a few more people or businesses to 'sponsor' a few of the targets.  If you are able and willing to help, you can pm me and i'll give you the info on what is still needed.

Pelon

Creakyknees

Went to the home range and loved the new steel. You still accepting donations to offset some of the cost?

Thanks so much!

Creakyknees(Randy)

Fynn

This is exciting news indeed! I went to the Home Range for the very first time weekend before last for my first Appleseed. As we listened to the KD talk Polonius gave, I looked out at the range and imagined myself someday shooting the full distance course of fire :D

I'm sticking to rimfire for now for several reasons but am very glad to see support for this Appleseed endeavor. :F

Pelon

Quote from: Creakyknees on October 29, 2018, 08:24:30 PM
Went to the home range and loved the new steel. You still accepting donations to offset some of the cost?

Thanks so much!

Creakyknees(Randy)

That would be a big YES Creakyknees!!!
We are still in need of people or businesses to sponsor about 7 targets.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'll shoot you a PM.

Pelon