News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Revolutionary War history posts

Started by Palladius, July 28, 2018, 09:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palladius

Is there a good/proper place to discuss Revolutionary War history on the forums? The Instructors at the Appleseed suggested some good books. I'd like to discuss them and share thoughts with other folks. I also dug through some genealogy and found I'm  a direct descendant of at least one Revolutionary War veteran. Have other people looked for this as well? What did they find?
First Appleseed/Redcoat/Rifleman 2018-07-23 Wilmington, OH

Keep your powder dry.

Though all under heaven be at peace, if the art of war be forgotten there is peril."
- Chinese proverb

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."
- Samurai maxim

EZ3

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Palladius

Thank you for the link! It seems it's forbidden to me, perhaps newbies aren't allowed?
First Appleseed/Redcoat/Rifleman 2018-07-23 Wilmington, OH

Keep your powder dry.

Though all under heaven be at peace, if the art of war be forgotten there is peril."
- Chinese proverb

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."
- Samurai maxim

Nashville Stage

The History sub-forum is in the instructor-only section. That can only mean one thing...

Time to pick up a hat. ;)
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

TOMINCT

SeanO's Reading List

This one may be restricted also, but it has a lot of good info on reading materials: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10406.msg86620#msg86620

SeanO was a former AS instructor that spent a lot of energy and time with our Heritage aspect of Appleseed.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

stoneknives

Some reading lists from the Friends of Florida Appleseed  Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/notes/friends-of-florida-appleseeds/phenrys-reading-list/10155652545629912/

www.facebook.com/notes/friends-of-florida-appleseeds/revolutionary-reading/10155521640724912/
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry