Author Topic: IS PROJECT APPLESEED DEAD IN NEW YORK?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline nyrasgt

• RWVA Instructor
Re: IS PROJECT APPLESEED DEAD IN NEW YORK?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 08:44:01 PM »
Folks,
     Dunham's Bay S of Lake George hosted once or twice a year, and will do again (know Club President well) if we can reactivate Sgt. Rock...SaraSpa outside Saratoga, as well as Hudson Falls Fish and Game (am life member of both...) - all three north of Albany are activatable if we have a cadre of instructors...
   Dunham's Bay has 50 firing points outdoors, but we'd have to share range as we have in past...
There's hope...
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Offline The Wolfhound

• Virginia State Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Virginia State Coordinator. IBC Ramseur 8-17!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
I wish you the best of luck.  I know the Upstate is not so bad but see all of NY as virually lost to the enemy.  If any place need an infusion of liberty, it is NY.

Offline malabar

• AOC Chairman
  • designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 01:04:33 AM »
Folks,
     Dunham's Bay S of Lake George hosted once or twice a year, and will do again (know Club President well) if we can reactivate Sgt. Rock...SaraSpa outside Saratoga, as well as Hudson Falls Fish and Game (am life member of both...) - all three north of Albany are activatable if we have a cadre of instructors...
   Dunham's Bay has 50 firing points outdoors, but we'd have to share range as we have in past...
There's hope...
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt

Let's do what we need to do to see this through.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »
Folks,
There's hope...
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt

Let's do what we need to do to see this through.

tk

As it happens, there's a Shoot Boss not all that far away in VT who's trying to get more active (after having taken some years off due to life intruding).

So... sing out if I can assist.

Oh, BTW... Are B9 and zercool still active? Worked a shoot with.them in Throop many years ago.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:28:57 PM by dwarven1 »
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Online Grumpy1

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 02:10:22 PM »
I am currently waiting  for a reply from the Club President to run an event in May at Kalicoontie  Rod  and Gun Club,in Livingston, NY.  I will be the Shootboss....watch for updates.
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline VietVet

• NorthEast Regional Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor
  • 101ST AIRBORNE
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
I am currently waiting  for a reply from the Club President to run an event in May at Kalicoontie  Rod  and Gun Club,in Livingston, NY.  I will be the Shootboss....watch for updates.

^:)^O0. Way to go Grumpy1!!!  👍
"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to. Less than that no man shall have".  T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Offline sgtmarine

• Instructor In Training 1
  • sgtmarine IIT1
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 01:50:55 PM »
OK People the event is posted... Lets get signed up!!! Already signed to work the event.. THANK YOU Grumpy1 ! ^:)^ :bow:
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO SACRAFICED ALL FOR OUR FREEDOM

Offline Crazyduckhunter

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »
Nice job on getting an event on the books for NY. Mothers day weekend and you all ready have people signed up to attend. Way to go!! O0

Offline drifter52

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »
Darn!  I'm already committed that weekend.

Offline dwarven1

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Starksboro, VT
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 05:21:35 PM »
Luv2BFree and I might make it down for this one.

Is there a motel nearby? Preferably something better than *shudder* Motel 6? (stayed at one once. NEVER AGAIN.)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Offline scuzzy

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Senior Staff: IT
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2019, 10:39:19 PM »
Still no events scheduled for New York for 2019?

I am in North East OH. Willing to take vacation if needed and make the drive.

There are events in OH and PA that are somewhat close to NY.

Well there is now an event in NY:

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=NY&state=New%20York

It's kinda funny but yesterday night I was talking to Steck and WhitePaladin. WhitePaladin had just moved to Texas a few months ago. We were discussing NY and Appleseed and then lo and behold I got a PM from VietVet asking me to add a shoot to Saratoga Springs.

persona non grata

Offline Maximum Ordinate

• National Coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »
Well there is now an event in NY:

https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=NY&state=New%20York

It's kinda funny but yesterday night I was talking to Steck and WhitePaladin. WhitePaladin had just moved to Texas a few months ago. We were discussing NY and Appleseed and then lo and behold I got a PM from VietVet asking me to add a shoot to Saratoga Springs.

^:)^
KD requal: 50/50, June 2019

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

Offline PHenry

• SouthEast Regional Coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2019, 04:36:59 PM »
 O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Offline Cannibal

• AppleCore
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »
Signed up for October. Can't wait!!!!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline nyrasgt

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
Just heard PA back @ Saraspa this coming weekend (am busy, sadly, 10/19-20/19) - if we can find shoot boss, can relatively easily get commitment from BOTH Dunham's Bay Fish and Game (used to have several/year there, including an Instructor's Boot Camp) and Hudson Falls Fish and Game, either outdoors or indoors @ 50 ft.  Both appx 50 miles north of Albany..had Josie Wales SB @ both back in the day...
Also used to do Iroquois R&GC in Rotterdam and Saugerties R&GC in the Catskills...
just sayin',
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846