News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue Water Sportsmen's Club, Kimball, MI June 9-10, 2018

Started by Superheat, June 11, 2018, 08:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

This was the first event at Blue Water Sportsmen's club and I am glad to say I was part of it.  It was a great start to what I expect will be long partnership.  The people at BWSC are just the best.  Everyone that stopped by was super friendly and helpful.  We felt right at home.

The rain on Saturday was not enjoyable.  Luckily, we had wonderful weather on Sunday.  Four rifleman total: Dennis- re-qualify, 11bang bang- re-qualify, Josh NEW rifleman and Beat-Box NEW rifleman.  Many more are so close to getting rifleman.  There was some frustration on Sunday.   Keep going.  You are so close, concentrate on the fundamentals and focus on the front site.

We also had another look at the KD range.  I'm excited.  It will be difficult to wait until October.

Superheat

Saturday morning flag raising with Dash and Beatbox

Sunday morning safety review with Mr. Surplus

Wrangler moving in tables

First strike

Sometimes instructors need capes

Tick Wrangler

I want to say thanks to everyone who made this weekend happen. Despite the rain it was an outstanding event. Lead and Thread is working hard to square away her purple patch, She is so close!

I am really excited to participate in the KD event, looking forward to seeing THE appleseed crew, and looking forward to qualifiying rifleman at full distance!

I'll see you on the range,
      Tick Wrangler
"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd

Tick Wrangler

"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd

devilkitty

Another great shoot; the students and instructors showed that spirit of persistence which is the hallmark of the Rifleman. Yes, Saturday was wet - but all carried on bravely. Improvement was made all around, and many came a long way indeed over the course of the weekend.

Thanks and congratulations to our two new Riflemen - and the Orange Hats they took up to go along with those patches.

To those on the way, keep at it: sling up at home, find NPOA in your positions, and dry fire "by the numbers". It's a huge help in getting over the hump. Worked for me.

I also note that Tick Wrangler isn't available as a forum ID any longer. It appears Tick Tickler is still unclaimed...

Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

mrsurplus

What is this "Rain" thing you are speaking of? It never rains on an Appleseed weekend   :)

Big shout out to our two new Orange Hats - 11 Bang Bang, and Beat Box. Thank you both for stepping up and offering to help us out. 

Congrats's to Josh for getting his first Rifleman patch and to Dennis for getting his 17th.

I could tell from the opening safety briefing that this was going to be an attentive group and you proved me right all weekend.

Although we did not get in any AQT's on Saturday, we more then made up for it by shooting 6 on Sunday. Scores went up consistently each AQT and I can see we will have more Riflemen (Go Jessica, Go Jessica) soon.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon.

MrSurplus

" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

ThreadNLead "TL"

I didn't take many but here are some pics I snapped (uploaded in no particular order)...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

ThreadNLead "TL"

Thanks again to all of the Appleseed instructors and Applecore who came out to make our class possible! We literally couldn't do it with out you! (see what I did there...)
It was a fantastic weekend. I can't even believe how much improvement I saw in myself! Especially compared to my first Appleseed in April. Can't wait to see you guys again...until then I'll be focusing on those V circles...
I agree with Mr. Surplus! My shirt stayed dry.

P.S. I can *taste* that purple patch!!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams

Super Trooper

Sorry I missed the fun on Saturday, but it's graduation season.  What a great time Sunday, perfect weather, and a wonderful group.  Always nice to see familiar faces coming back to hone their skills further.  Congrats to the new and re-qualified riflemen, and our two new orange hats.

Lastly, I just want to say, I'm no Vanna White.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Tick Wrangler

Quote from: Super Trooper on June 13, 2018, 12:12:02 AM
Sorry I missed the fun on Saturday, but it's graduation season.  What a great time Sunday, perfect weather, and a wonderful group.  Always nice to see familiar faces coming back to hone their skills further.  Congrats to the new and re-qualified riflemen, and our two new orange hats.

I down know about that, the pictures are hard to dispute.

ThreadNLead "TL"

Well Vanna White is prettier than you....but that doesn't mean you don't have the skills!

Quote from: Tick Wrangler on June 13, 2018, 03:24:37 PM
Quote from: Super Trooper on June 13, 2018, 12:12:02 AM

I down know about that, the pictures are hard to dispute.