News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bald Knob, AR, June 16-17

Started by sticksnstones, June 21, 2018, 12:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

We only had three registered shooters for this event. We invited the range owner (a former iit) and his 11 y/o son to join us. We were well covered by iits, with 6 joining us. One of those was only able to attend Saturday. Two of the registered shooters were the kids of one of the iits. Although he said it was not planned, their names are Daniel and Morgan. They are definitely gonna be Riflemen with a few more shoots under their belts. The youngest (11 years old), is a great shooter and it wont take him long to reach the coveted Rifleman goal. It was a joy to have 3 fathers there with their kids for the Fathers Day weekend. The one adult attendee, Bill, made rifleman, with this being his second event. Great job.

The heat beat us all up pretty hard, but with pop up shelters we were able to persevere. All of our instructor cadre were able to get opportunities to shoot. Everyone showed what they were about, as most shot qualifying scores. One of the huge highlights of the weekend was Quinncannon shooting a perfect 250. He is a phenomenal shooters and sets a great pace and example for everyone. Young Ms Morgan was determined to earn a hat, but fell a few points short. She ended up asking for a blue hat, as she wants to help the program grow. I will put that through to Rascal21 as soon as she creates a forum name. Two m iits worked toward their next promotion and both did a fabulous job. Bright1 rocked the first Strike and Jayhawker followed up with the  second and thirds Strikes.
Thanks to all who attended
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Quinncannon

A very good way to spend Father's Day weekend! I always look forward to the events that I can attend to fellowship with all the like minded folks and friends I have made over the years!

Shooting alongside my son made it very special for me, especially with him shooting multiple Rifleman scores! The young folks working on their skills was heart warming as well! It was good to see Bill earn his patch this time around too!

VETS Shooting Center has been very good to us over the years, providing a place for us to shoot at least two Appleseeds a year since 2011!

The two Orange Hats performed very well, with Sticks providing expert guidance!

I look forward to the next shoot!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

bright1

A great weekend (although on the warm side)!  My first trip to Bald Knob but won't be my last!  Very nice range (thanks VETS!) and great people - really enjoyed it!  Sticks did a great job (as usual).  Congrats to Quincannon on shooting a perfect score!  Also congrats to all who shot Rifleman.  Enjoyed seeing the younger shooters progress throughout the two days.  Looking forward to October at MVSA in Hot Springs!

KPUC

Erin (Pumpkinseed) and I really missed being there with you guys. 

Big HUZZAH to John.  I am always impressed to be in the presence of such a great marksman. 

Talladega isn't too far away and there are some pretty decent ranges here.

So, if you are ever in Coastal Georgia, look us up.

In Liberty, Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

Quinncannon

Chris, we miss you and Pumpkinseed being here as well, always good to see you at the shoots and to just practice at VETS!
Who knows, we might just see you in Alabama or Georgia within the next year, the Fort Stewart area is an ol' stomping ground of mine.
Thanks for the kind words!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Jayhawker

A great time was had by all and I learned something, as usual.

Shooting my best ever AQT while using a liberty rifle (for the first time) was nice.

Basking in the moment when Quinncannon scored a perfect 250 was really special.

Bright 1, and I shot a timed rimfire event yesterday. I wouldn't have thought that shooting AQTs would necessarily transfer to action shooting, but we got slung up and showed 'em what's what. Only one other person there was more accurate and that was only with his pistol.

Clearly appleseed is paying off.

Jayhawker

Here it is.

Nashville Stage

Wow, congrats Quinncannon on your 250! That's some mighty fine marksmanship right there! ^:)^
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."