News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tuscaloosa, AL May 19-20, 2018

Started by EddieB, May 23, 2018, 11:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Thanks to Tuscaloosa Shooting Sports for once again hosting our Project Appleseed event at their fine facility.  All of the shooters arrived early and were eager to get started.  After welcoming the shooters, we had our safety briefings and then brought rifles to the line.  We began with the Red Coat Target before any instruction was given.  Later in the afternoon we shot another Red Coat and could see definite improvement.  All of the instruction and drills were intended to give the skills and techniques needed for the Appleseed Qualification Test.  During our breaks we heard the story of April 19, 1775, with the First, Second, and Third Strikes.  The shooters were soaking up the material and we were able to get our first AQT done on Saturday afternoon.  We had three first-time Riflemen on the first AQT!  Congratulations to Robert, Dawson, and Al.

We were able to start a little early again on Sunday.  We did a quick review, shot some sighter squares, and went into the first AQT of the day while everyone was rested.  We continued the day moving between various drills, stories of Dangerous Old Men, and AQTs.  At lunchtime we heard how the marksmanship fundamentals being learned at 25m work hundreds of yards away, and how an Appleseed Known Distance event is the place to go to get that hands-on experience.

By the end of the day we had two more Riflemen.  Way to go Rob and Chad!

We also have a new Instructor in Training!  Al asked for an Orange Hat!  Huzzah!

We hope you enjoyed your Project Appleseed event.  Remember proper positions, the six steps of firing the shot, and natural point of aim will get you where you want to be with your marksmanship skills.  We'll see you soon at another event!

T.J. 8 as Line Boss

AQT Stage 1

Rifleman Al

Rifleman Chad

Rifleman Dawson

Rifleman Robert

Rifleman Rob

Al takes an Orange Hat!

Here we are

Hytekrednek

I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks for volunteering your time and effort to teach the Faulkner brothers. I look forward to attending another Appleseed event in the future.

Al

That you all for making this shoot a great experience, especially Eddie B.,  and T.J. 8., our instructors. I suspect that a certain young man that knows well what he is about will have a great future in the shooting sports. I look forward to seeing you all again at future shoots. It was a pleasure to be in the company of such fine patriots.

Rustygun

Looks like you all had mighty fine Appleseed  :beer:

Dave W 262

Dawson and I had a wonderful time and look forward to attending the next Appleseed at our club.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.