News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Perryville, MO May 19-20, 2018

Started by 209Ken, May 22, 2018, 09:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Well, our first Appleseed in Perryville, MO is in the books! What a beautiful place! Thank you Flintlock54 and Jeff for making this happen.
We had a pretty small group of shooters Saturday who were not intimated by the rugged range. We made it through the heat and humidity and finished up just before the thunderstorms rolled in.  Sunday we saw groups getting smaller and smaller, and although no Rifleman patches were handed out, I know it is just a matter of time before Charles, Larry, and David join the Rifleman ranks.

I did not have my whole support crew with me this weekend, so I don't have as many pictures as I usually do, but I will get what I have posted in the next couple of days.

Post comments or pictures if you have them!

Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

PaleRider

My home town is Cape Girardeau, but I live near San Antonio now. I have to say, that is one of the most unique setups I've ever seen. Pretty cool.
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

thursday

Great Job Ken, I love the wooded range.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Chazzle

It was a fun shoot!  The weather and spot gave us unique conditions, but no-one complained!
Perryville is a great town to visit, and people are very friendly.

Thanks to 209ken, M-Dawg, flintlock54,Jeff, and others who made this a fun and lasting experience for me!  I will be practicing my skills and will be back, for sure.

Charles
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
~Thomas Paine (1777)

NPOA is a cruel mistress....ignore her, and you'll be sorry! ~Chazzle (2019)