News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CVSC, Dundee OR, Ladyseed July 7-8 AAR

Started by janer, June 27, 2018, 12:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

There is still room on the line for the Ladyseed at Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club, Dundee OR, July 7-8.  Long range forecast looks good. 

janer

Great weekend with a group of enthusiastic ladies who understand what it means to PERSIST!  Great job ladies!  It was hot but they all worked through it.  They wanted to shoot another AQT after we shot the last redcoat, so we did! Groups got smaller and everyone's scores improved.  Nadia came through with a rifleman score of 221.  Huzzah!

Libby and Nadia also both cleared a redcoat target. 

Libby has consistent scores in the high 180s-190.  Rebecca and Katie both had a lot of improvement throughout the weekend. Dry practice before your next Appleseed event will  help improve those scores even more.

Whit demo-ed a full AQT for the group so we also have a repeat rifleman.  Thanks Whit!

Pictures are here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10214914702999542.1073741853.1186880046&type=1&l=5c42848e91

I think Flipper and Whit may have some pictures to post also.

GL0CKGIRL

"They wanted" she says ::) ... I'm pretty sure what "they wanted" to do was to strangle me when I suggested/insisted on one more AQT. I know Katie did ;D, however all of us dramatically improved on our last AQT and I gave you a story to tell! ^:)^ Thanks again Jane, Whit, and Flipper! I learned a lot from the 3 of you! Watching Whit demo an AQT really helped me connect the dots on some things. :cool2: Katie and I already registered for Appleseed in August at Eagle Creek and we will be ready! :snipersmi Distinguished here I come! I don't like the color orange... but it's crossed my mind... we will see!  ;)
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: Gl0ckGirl on July 10, 2018, 08:28:11 PM
"They wanted" she says ::) ... I'm pretty sure what "they wanted" to do was to strangle me when I suggested/insisted on one more AQT. I know Katie did ;D, however all of us dramatically improved on our last AQT and I gave you a story to tell! ^:)^ Thanks again Jane, Whit, and Flipper! I learned a lot from the 3 of you! Watching Whit demo an AQT really helped me connect the dots on some things. :cool2: Katie and I already registered for Appleseed in August at Eagle Creek and we will be ready! :snipersmi Distinguished here I come! I don't like the color orange... but it's crossed my mind... we will see!  ;)

If you are on the fence about the orange hat, I can can give you some advice... take it! I recently got my orange hat from Whit, and it was the best thing I have done! This organization is great to work with, the training is very organized, and the shoot bosses... Well, you just met two of the very best! In fact, all the shoot bosses here in the PNW are amazing. We could also use another amazing female instructor as a positive role model for these young women who come through. Remember, the 2nd amendment says "A well regulated (trained) militia"..

Please come help us train the next generation.

BandAid... another newbie.
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018