News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Status Of Missouri Appleseed

Started by minuteman1636, May 22, 2018, 12:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuteman1636

I just shot my first Appleseed event at Mill Creek Range in De Soto, KS on 19-20 May 2018. It was an excellently run event and I had a great time. I qualified Rifleman on Sunday and want more information on how to get involved in the program.

By looking at the forum here, Appleseed doesn't seem to be to active in Missouri. My intent is to be involved on both the Missouri and Kansas side since I live in Kansas City.
First Project Appleseed event 19-20 May 2018
Rifleman Qualification 19-20 May 2018
Instructor Boot Camp 30-31 March 2019 (Neodesha 3-19)

"It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task." ---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

colonial shooter

Here is a list of upcoming shoots in MO. A suggestion... Find us a range near KC and we'll be there.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

minuteman1636

I shot at Mill Creek in De Soto right outside of Lenexa. It is a great range. I am going to get a membership there.

"It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task." ---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

209Ken

Pioneer Gun Club in the Kansas City, MO area has hosted us in the past, but we don't have active instructors in the area so we have not been there in a couple of years. Hmmmm...

Oh, by the way, Appleseed IS active in Missouri! You just have to know where to look!
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

minuteman1636

I am attending an Instructors Boot Camp in Kansas this coming weekend. So, you will eventually have one instructor in the KC area once I get fully qualified.

Mercedes

Congratulations, minuteman1636, for scoring Rifleman, joining the Instructor Cadre, and taking the "bull by the horns" attending an Instructor Boot Camp.  Be sure to have read your Instructors Manual before the event so that you'll have more awareness of the flow for the IBC and an Appleseed weekend.  There's much that occurs behind the scenes that  you aren't aware of as a shooter!

Debbie Fonseca
Texas Shoot Boss

minuteman1636

Thank you Mercedes. I appreciate the positive thoughts and the recommendations. I have made it through most of the Instructor manual. Work and family have kind of over run me this week so I haven't made it through it all. It will be a good weekend anyway. I'm looking forward to learning.