News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA May 19-20 AAR

Started by bob 210, May 21, 2018, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

We were joined in Piru, CA this last weekend by 9 Americans looking to absorb Marksmanship, History and Heritage and when the dust settled we got a new Rifleman and a new Red hat! After much persistence, and an excellent rendition of the 3 Strikes of the Match, Zoanyway has donned the Red Hat of Destiny and became an RWVA Instructor! The truth is he has always been capable of doing the job and now he has earned it! Great job and keep up the good work! We were blessed with perfect weather and a great group of folks that took the Saturday training in stride. Groups shrunk and NPOA was confirmed. By the end of Sunday we had a new Rifleman. Congratulations Eran who posted a 218 followed by a 214! Thanks for sharing a great weekend with us and I hope to see you all back with a friend for the next Piru Appleseed!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

hardlyworking

Did somebody say PICTURES???  You know I got 'em

1) Instruction Time
2) Stage 3 of the AQT!  Get down!  Safeties off!  Insert mag!  Run the bolt!  Be sure of your NPOA and fire in cadence!
3) New Rifleman!  218 and a 214 on day 1 of his first ever Appleseed, word has it he may join us soon with an Orange Hat, we welcome you brother!

And making its first appearance - The PPRD!  Piru's-Paul-Revere-Dingy: come back on April 19th 2019 for a reenactment of Paul Revere's midnight row across the bay to Charlstown!

4+5) IIT ZoAnyway earns his Red Hat!

trevorf

Hey guys, I was happy to join everyone this weekend at Piru. Before Appleseed I had only really shot at steel with my .22 and figured since I heard the steel ring here and there I was pretty good but man was I wrong. Seeing my before and after results of my 'red coat' target was shocking. Through the amazing guidance of the instructors that weekend I was able to greatly improve and go from just barely getting my shots on paper to scoring a 192 on the AQT on Saturday. I plan on returning in June to earn that patch, hopefully accompanied by a friend, family member or my girlfriend.

Unfortunately for me on Sunday, the picatinny rail on my 10/22 came loose because I didn't secure it with loctite, and I wasn't exactly doing so hot with my backup rifle. Despite that being frustrating and resulting in me calling it a day pretty early on, I still learned an unbelievable amount of incredibly useful knowledge and hope to attend Appleseed as often as I can.

I hope to see many familiar faces and many new faces in the times that I return to Appleseed, and I may even try to dawn an orange cap one day.

Thanks again to all the instructors for an awesome weekend, if anyone is on the edge deciding whether to go or not, don't even hesitate. A weekend at an Appleseed event is priceless.