News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Casper Wyoming 19-20May 2018

Started by M1bzrk, May 21, 2018, 03:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Well, Saturday started with a cool drizzle that lasted all day.  Eleven liberty loving individuals showed up at the WyoTac Range from as far away as North Dakota and Montana- some even from Wyoming!  Ages ranged from 8 to 66.  Three women were participants, and very capable.  The initial groups were excellent -  probably the best I've seen in the first stages of an Appleseed.

Sunday dawned dryer and warmer and turned into a beautiful day.  Four of the crew shot Rifleman: Mel, Caleb, Zane and Andrew, and Jason requalified.  Others were knocking on the door & everyone improved greatly.
Our sole youth, Ethan, shot amazingly well, especially from standing.  Persistance, folks, you all can do it!

Thanks to Jason and WyoTac for hosting us - you made setup very easy.  Thanks to Sleepy, Wildman57 and TheDud.  You guys were excellent. Special thanks to our participants who came from all over: you are the ones who make Project Appleseed work, and make it enjoyable for all of us.  Hope to see you all again.

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Lucky Lori

Sounds like a cold  event . You could have been at our event this weekend and had 92 degrees on Saturday and 80's  Sunday. Hope you encouraged everyone to come to boot camp in Douglas ?  Congratulations all who came, shot, and helped out.  Lucky  Lori

black91stang

I'd like to thank all the instructors for their time and efforts, I can't believe how far you all traveled to teach us!  I'd also like to say thanks to Jason for having us out at his place and spending his time with us as well. I also appreciated the history that was taught over the weekend.  This was the first Appleseed event I've attended and it won't be my last!  I learned more than I expected to and had a great time doing it!   Even decided to get a 10/22 and a proper sling for the next event.  Hopefully I'll make the shoot in September!