News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guilford, CT May 19-20 2018

Started by mwolf, May 21, 2018, 03:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwolf

After witnessing our four dauntless shooters withstand the cold and the constant rain we received this weekend, I'd like to put in a request for a "Mudseed" Rifleman patch to complement the existing weather-related patches. Despite the rain keeping true to the half-inch forecast our shooters stuck out the entire day Saturday and went home wet from both the rain and drinking from the firehose all day.

Sunday morning looked promising until a squall rolled in the moment the morning redcoats were posted - thankfully it departed and turned into a sunny and hot day!

Our new riflemen are Peter, starting off with a 213 on the first AQT and climbing to 221 by the end of Saturday, and Chris, who earned a 210 and a bottle of water to commemorate his score on Sunday.

Thank you to New Haven Sportsmen's Club for hosting us and having breakfast available Sunday morning.

I greatly admire all our shooters for coming out to honor our founders despite the miserable conditions Saturday and at times literally shooting from puddles - I hope to see you all again.

Rustygun

TOMINCT

A very good event at NHSC as mwolf stated, even with the weather trying to confound the attendees on Saturday. Much headway was made over the course of the weekend and improvement seen in all who made it.

It's unfortunate that the weather, most likely, kept several pre registered shooters from making the event. Appleseed is an all weather in any season course and being ready for it, both with gear and mindset makes the difference between a safe fun and successful event and a day of staring out of the windows wishing for better conditions.

I'd like to thank the IT crew of CAANY, Parallax and mwolf for working the weekend to provide the extra coaching and encouragement that makes these shoots a success for the shooters, range host and America!

Some pics should be up soon. &)

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

The shooters did their best to come prepared and set up in the rain that continued all of Saturday.

Then on to the Redcoat Targets

Instruction and the Three Strikes were given throughout the weekend.

The Appleseeders did their best throughout.

The Rifleman :F
Peter had slipped away before I could get a picture.

Chris scored a 210. This earned him the traditional dousing with water, which the Shoot Boss seemed to thoroughly enjoy. ;D

Congratulations to MWOLF for earning the green hat on this shoot. :F