News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX May 19-20, 2018

Started by paul.rome, May 21, 2018, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.rome

There was a good group of mature shooters who came to develop their marksmanship skills at Waco.  The weather Saturday was warm (mid 90s) and on Sunday we were fortunate to be at the Waco range (covered) when it rained.

There were a number of shooters who were knocking at the door, but this event turned out to be more about re-qualification.  Two riflemen re_qualified and 5 red hats+ re qualified.

Thanks again to the outstanding group of instructors.

scuzzy

That overhead cover at Waco sure makes it nice during rain storms. And especially during the summer.

Good that we've had the requals for the instructors. I'd received a text from Tim on Friday where I'd had to cancel/transfer the family of 4. And on Thursday some other cancellations. Sure reduced the line. At least the instructors were able to shoot so it wasn't all bad.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

One of the non-instructors that re-qualified was a personal friend.  I'll skip names to protect the guilty, but the other instructors that were there know who he is  ;)

Anyway . . . He was a little concerned that his first rifleman was a fluke - somehow the winds pushed the bullets in just the right place.  He re-qualified twice, and would have done three times if he hadn't messed up the round count on one of the AQTs.  It was very, very good for him to be there.

All of the shooters told us that they learned something valuable.  They were also very engaged in the history / heritage.

One young lady in particular could only attend the first day.  She was particularly noticed because she is starting boot camp later this summer.  I was very pleased to see her groups shrinking; we spoke with her and figured out several possible dates for her to come back and get "credit" for the second day she missed, before leaving for bootcamp.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Ragnar Delta

Just gotta say I appreciate Paul and Tumbleweed getting out in the mud with us Sunday afternoon and doing some heavy lifting in rough conditions breaking down and lifting target stands to move to storage after the shoot. That's always a challenging, laborious task and it was greatly appreciated to have you guys out there helping with that. Much respect.

Great to see Bad Voodoo and Tx Voodoo working hard as new IITs.

I continue to enjoy seeing the entire team at Waco work well together and everything go as smoothly as it does.

Great group of shooters, glad to have everyone out!