News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, TX KD - May 19-20, 2018

Started by azmule, May 21, 2018, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

West Texas' inaugural KD!  This was a fantastic weekend with great folks at a great range!  Got in late last night and on my way to work right now, so the full report is coming later, but I wanted to get this up to give everyone a place to sound off.

And congratulations to KD Rifleman Mr. Smith!   :beer:
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Two Wolves

UH--OH!  Looks like Mrs. Smith's got some catching up to do.  :-\

Perhaps a New Braunfels KD?  ;)
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Mr. Smith

Thank you for the excellent instruction, i just put that Into practice.

Mrs. Smith

Mrs. Smith did so, also, but apparently applied it to a significantly lesser degree  ::)

Ya done good, old man. 

You too, Scott  :cool2:

Honestly, it was exhausting, and AWESOME!

Two Wolves, you're a smarty pants, ain't ya  &)

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)
Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)

Two Wolves

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on May 21, 2018, 02:47:04 PM

Thanks ---most people don't hold me to that high of a standard.  ::)  However, from reading some of your other posts it's apparent that you are quite the competitive  type. That's a good thing IMO.

Congratulations to Mr. Smith for his achievement.  O0  Like my mentor Forest Gump would say--One less thing.  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Mrs. Smith

Mr. Smith is tickled pink, and I don't begrudge him that one tiny bit  ;)

Mostly we compete just with each other, but it's all in fun.  I'm proud of my guy!

:F

Quote from: Two Wolves on May 21, 2018, 04:46:08 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Smith on May 21, 2018, 02:47:04 PM

Thanks ---most people don't hold me to that high of a standard.  ::)  However, from reading some of your other posts it's apparent that you are quite the competitive  type. That's a good thing IMO.

Congratulations to Mr. Smith for his achievement.  O0  Like my mentor Forest Gump would say--One less thing.  :cool2:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)
Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)

scuzzy

Quote from: azmule on May 21, 2018, 11:30:02 AM
West Texas' inaugural KD!  This was a fantastic weekend with great folks at a great range!  Got in late last night and on my way to work right now, so the full report is coming later, but I wanted to get this up to give everyone a place to sound off.

And congratulations to KD Rifleman Mr. Smith!   :beer:

Scott - Thanks!!! for running the KD - it's much appreciated.

And congrats Mr Smith. It was fun talking to you and the Mrs. last night along with Jim. How did you like Jim's pirate voice and pirate joke?

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on May 21, 2018, 04:54:33 PM

Yup that he is. Roger - one of the guys was talking about a former Marine friend of his. I set him straight. Told him his friend is a Marine - not a former Marine. You would have been proud of me.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Jerry Hall

Here's to Scott(AZMule) for Shoot Bossing this event for us.
A great time was had by all, myself included.
I'm really glad that we could bring off the return inaugural event to the Ft Bliss Gun Club.
This venue brings us a whole lot of potential for growing Appleseed in the Far West Texas Area.

Congratulations Andy(Mr. Smith) for being our solo KD Rifleman :snipersmi  :bow: , I am jealous :wb: :wb: :wb:
I really wanted to participate in the event, but I do not want to face that Surgeon and explain why I mucked up his good work. :slap:

And a heartfelt thanks to all who participated this weekend indulging their God given Liberties!!!
Lastly, I would like to thank all of the participants for their commitment to the cause and their own learning.  :F

"till we meet again"' Happy Trails.
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

azmule

Thanks all for the kind words - I was happy to lend a hand, especially for KD!  Marksmanship fundamentals are vitally important, but it is the effective full distance application of those fundamentals that is the whole point of mastering those fundamentals in the first place!

KD bliss at Ft. Bliss - we couldn't have asked for better weather, or a more determined and eager bunch of shooters to collectively celebrate our unique shared heritage.  After some introductions and a "classroom" session on target identification and ranging, we moved to the 25M line to box sights, verify sight adjustment resolution and repeatability, and measure front sight / scope reticule dimensions in MOA.  A little fun history and another classroom session on trajectory, wind, and other environmental factors, and it was full-distance goodness for the rest of the day - verifying come-ups at 100 through 400, and shooting the first KDAQT of the weekend.

A few shooters had equipment changes/modifications after shooting Saturday, so Sunday began with those folks verifying their 25M zero, before we all moved out to verify zero at 300.  Then we dove into those KDAQTs!  The wind on Sunday was perfect for wind-doping practice; occasionally calming, occasionally gusting up large, but mostly staying in the 10 to 15 mph range, ranging from full value to less than 1/4 value.  As mentioned, Mr. Smith was the only Rifleman of the weekend (who's got the photographic evidence?), although a couple others came mighty dang close!  Next one I'm sure.   O0
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Mrs. Smith

Dang.... I've tried to upload pictures three times,  with fewer pics each time,  and it keeps resetting.  I'll  have to try again later, guys.  Gotta run to work!  :wb:

Mrs. Smith

:pop:

Mrs. Smith

More pics...

Mrs. Smith

Mrs. Smith

Ladies and gents, El Paso's FIRST Appleseed Known Distance Rifleman, Mr. Smith!!   :F :F :snipersmi :snipersmi

He will surely not be our last  :cool2:

Mercedes