Author Topic: Appleseed in Germany?  (Read 403 times)

Offline vinaad

Appleseed in Germany?
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:54:37 AM »
Hello, Everyone:

I'm not sure where to post this inquiry, so I'm placing it in this forum.  If there's a better place, I invite someone to move it or let me know, please.

I am a new Instructor in Training, having just gotten my orange hat last month at the home range in Ramseur, NC while I was on duty at Fort Bragg.

Unfortunately (from the perspective of helping out at Appleseed events and developing into a full instructor), I am coming down on orders to report for active duty and will be serving with the Army in Stuttgart, Germany for the next year.

Does anyone know of any Appleseed instructors currently posted to Germany?  I'd love to connect while I'm over there, and help out with any events they might be planning.

I know this is a long shot, and that I'll probably just have to put Appleseed on hold until  get back.  I wish I was a red hat already, so I could start something up myself.  But that's not the situation, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least ask the question.

I don't have a address or phone number in Stuttgart yet, but my military email is bradley.j.foster.mil@mail.mil.  My personal email is bjf1775@gmail.com. I'll check the forum from time to time, but email would be the fastest way someone to reach me. 

Thanks for any information or assistance you can give me!

Offline Border-Run

• Instructor In Training 1
  • how far is idaho??
Re: Appleseed in Germany?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:26:28 PM »
vinaad,
  Congrats on Stuttgart ^:)^, I was at patch barracks about 29 years ago and you may be able to figure out what I did.

It was a great city then, now I don't know.

as far as Appleseed, I don't know of any one in Germany, but you have the shooting knowledge and the message in your heart and mind, go 7th step all of Stuttgart.  :F

again congrats,
border-run
bill

Offline Lomshek

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
If nothing else take a batch of AQT's and squares with you and show them to whoever runs the local 25 yard range (assuming they have one there like we did in Bamberg many years ago).

If you're in the right position and your unit (platoon or company or even battalion) commander is a cool guy with an imagination you might get them to incorporate some of that into local marksmanship training which is a whole lot cheaper and easier to plan that an excursion to Graf or elsewhere.

Some simple squares drills and some AQT's with allowances made for current small arms doctrine (forget the sling and allow monopodding) and you'd have a decent simple marksmanship improvement plan that would be easy to implement.

Offline hogfamily

• RWVA Instructor
  • Anchorage Suburbanites & part time Willowbillies.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 04:55:02 PM »
MilitarySeed in Germany?

I think with enough lead time I could do that!
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

“Move that fat ass Henry!”
“Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Offline Mike AKA Bandaid

• Instructor In Training 1
  • Your enemy is training everyday. Do you?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »
MilitarySeed in Germany?

I think with enough lead time I could do that!

Ich Denke das ist eine gut Idee!
Been a year since I’ve been to Germany, I’m in to help!