News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Watervliet, MI, May 19-20, 2018

Started by SteelThunder, May 19, 2018, 10:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

Wow I'm tired! But it's shoot boss tired, which means it's good tired.

The heavens opened up and brought forth literally inches of rain which kept us... well hydrated.... Most of the weekend. But it didn't dampen any spirits as 13 Brave Americans came forth to improve their Marksmanship skills and rekindle their sense of heritage.

Congratulations to our 4 Rifleman, 2 requal and 2 new. John, John, Peter and Lauren. Excellent job! And to the half dozen of you that are knocking at the door with high 100s and low 200s, persistence! There's plenty of other shoots that coming up in Michigan this Summer and we'd love to have you on the line!

Thanks to my instructor crew, Captain America, Oz, devilkitty, Lil Dragon, Pepper Spray, Merlin 33, Sir Kay! You guys are the best.

Ok, must go take ibuprofen.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Oz

Congratulations to all the students; although I was not able to stay with you as long as I wished, even Saturday morning it was clear that you were a wonderful group of folks, already good shooters, and getting even better as I watched.  Thank you for coming out, and I hope to see you again in the future (with friends and family!)  Hopefully you all see ways where the tools you learned can help you as a shooter, and a renewed sense of the importance of playing your part as a citizen in the continuing American experiment in Liberty.

Instructors, as always, it was great to see and work with you.  I'll see you on farther down the trail!

Oz
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

tomahawk

It was great to see so many Appleseed volunteers, and Appleseed Participants at Watervliet Rod and Gun club this weekend. Watervliet Rod and Gun Club is proud to host Project Appleseed Events at out Club.

I would have loved to hang around with you all more often this weekend, but I was called out of town due to attending a funeral. If anyone has any questions are comments about the Watervliet Rod and Gun Club, let me know by Message on this forum, or at my email address that is included in the emails to the group from Steel Thunder. The club Website is http://watervlietrodandgunclub.org/

Thank you for supporting the Berrien County Straight Shooters 4H Shooting Club, which have their activities at Watervliet Rod and Club Club. This will allow this group of young shooters to expand their shooting experiences.

Kevin Schneider
Secretary, Watervliet Rod and Gun Club, Board of Directors
Co-Chairman SouthWest Michigan Friends of NRA Committee

devilkitty

Another great weekend on the range. More proof that whatever comes from the sky, the sun of Liberty shines bright at an Appleseed. Thanks to the Watervliet Rod and Gun Club for hosting us, and the Berrien County Straight Shooters for the hot lunch that fired us back up after a morning in the wet.

I will join Steel in congratulating all our shooters -- because even if you didn't quite hit that Rifleman score (persist! persist! persist!) you all improved your marksmanship and connection with our shared heritage as Americans over the course of the weekend. Does me the world of good to see it, and makes the 500 miles I put on the ol' Buick for the trip out to Watervliet and back seem insignificant.

You have the tools, now make sure you keep 'em sharp. Hope to see you all on the line further down the trail. I'll even do another 500 miles.  ;)
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

Sir Kay

Even with it raining a lot on Sunday the shooters spirits were not dampened nor were their skills!
It was great to see the improvements that shooters made during the weekend!  As always the Watervliet Rod and Gun club is a great place to spend a weekend!
Thank you to everyone that came out!

Sir Kay
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal

Sir Kay

Even with it raining a lot on Sunday the shooters spirits were not dampened nor were their skills!
It was great to see the improvements that shooters made during the weekend!  As always the Watervliet Rod and Gun club is a great place to spend a weekend!
Thank you to everyone that came out!

Sir Kay
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal