News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer WA 5/29-5/20 2018 Custer Sportsmens Club Inc AAR

Started by GTEngineer, May 19, 2018, 01:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTEngineer

What a beautiful weekend it was for Appleseed hosted by the Custer Sportsman's Association at their wonderful range.

We had 6 patriots who spent the weekend learning the art of rifle marksmanship and more importantly be awakened to the sacrifices that previous generations made to give us the gift of Liberty.  By PNW standards, the weather couldn't have been more ideal, slight overcast skies mostly and temperatures that were hovering around mid-50s in the morning to high 60s by mid afternoon.

Everyone came well prepared with well maintained equipment, and most important of all, a teachable attitude.  We saw tremendous improvements in groups from the beginning of Saturday morning to the final sighter square on Sunday afternoon, this was also reflected in the 4 redcoat targets from this weekend.

By the Sunday afternoon, almost everyone was scoring 170+ scores and we had one attendee shoot 4 qualifying scores throughout the weekend, from 211 up to 227, congratulations Scott!  Those repeat scores really shows that you are a man who "knows very well what he is about".  If you decide to take a hat to join us and share your knowledge of marksmanship, we would be honored to have you.

To everyone else who were knocking on the door of the 210 score, dry practice while keeping in mind the steady hold factors, 6 steps of firing a shot, and natural point of aim as you dry fire each "shot".  Keep persisting.

I did take some photos throughout the weekend, however I discovered Sunday night that my microSD card had somehow become corrupted and I lost all of the photos taken, maybe one of the other instructors has some photos that they can share, if you have photos taken during the event, please feel free to share those as well.

It has been my pleasure and honor to have you on the line and I hope to see you again at another future event.  Spread the word to your family and friends, the idea of Liberty applies equally to all.
Future events can be found at our website here: https://appleseedinfo.org/schedulemap/
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA