News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX May 19-20, 2018

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, May 18, 2018, 10:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

15 shooters attended the latest Appleseed in College Station, TX!

Weather was really nice Saturday, though hot we had a very brisk crosswind thoughout most of the day that required an increase staple count to keep targets in place.

We had a great crew of instructors - wbridgeman, TT92, Tank5, Devil Pup and myself instructed.

We had the shooters shoot the 2nd Redcoat target early - about 3:00PM - as one shooter had to leave.

Unfortunately we didn't quite get to a real AQT on Saturday.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday I awoke and checked the weather for that day - saw a chance of rain about 4:00PM or so in the forecast. No big deal - right?

Sunday AM Mike cleared the Redcoat target first thing - AGAIN - just like he did at the last event in April!

We had shooters shoot 1" squares until we were convinced most were well zeroed.

We then had shooters shoot AQTs.

On the first AQT it rained for a bit, but shooters persisted.

Then the rain stopped. It was very evident that some of the shooters were doing well.

Ladyseed Man Slave

WOW - right out of the gate Keira scores Rifleman on the first AQT! Huzzah!

WOW - 2nd AQT her dad Shawn re-qualifies with a 227! Huzzah!

Others were getting close to re-qualifying as well.

We took a break for lunch, then did an NPOA drill target.

Then - IT RAINED.  :2t

It seemed like it was only going to last a little while, but then our phoneapp radar screens got really colorful. Lightening became a serious factor. So I decided we would suspend shooting activity and once rifles were safely off the line we broke down the target line.

Due to those safety concerns there was no final Hits Count target for Sunday.

Sad, wet cardboard backers.

We continued instruction at the classroom porch. Mr. Bridgeman did a fine job covering the theory of Known Distanct shooting during class time. We also covered some more history.

We ended up dismissing early. Some factors we just can't control.

Until next time!
Ladyseed Man Slave