News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee (CVSC) May 19/20 AAR

Started by whit, May 16, 2018, 01:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Looking forward to this weekend! 

Who wants to become a Rifleman?    ..:..

Whit

Mike AKA Bandaid

Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

whit

Oh man!!!! Bandaid is back for another installment.

You going to earn the Distinguished Patch this time?

Whit

Mike AKA Bandaid

Bringing friends... Just going for consistency. Bringing iron sights this time. Hoping to keep working on my fundamentals, and shoot Rifleman with the iron sights.

I was told that a Rifleman perseveres, so I am back for more teachin'!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

janer

Great weekend. Perfect weather.  Engaged shooters.  Everyone showed improvement throughout the weekend.  Congratulations to new Rifleman Randy and new Riflewoman Andie.  Huzzah!  Nice work on the part of repeat Riflemen Travis and Bandaid.  Ironman shot a 245 for his Distinguished patch!

There were a number of shooters pounding on the door with scores of 190+.  Justin with 208.  Dry practice really can help, even if just to smooth out those mag changes to add a few seconds for finishing the transition stage.

Nice to have a chance to work with IIT Schooner, who has re-located to this side of the country.

I really enjoyed this event, I hope you all did also.  Just realized I did not take one picture this weekend.

turpidude

this was my first event, and couldn't have asked for nicer circumstances. i had a blast, and reviewing my AQT's and Redcoats this morning, saw some real clear improvement over the weekend (130s -> high 160s on my iron-sighted bolt gun), even despite the exhaustion and soreness in the latter half of day 2  ;D. i'll be coming back for sure, with loads of dry-fire practice under my belt. big thanks to janer for the loaner shooting mat, and all the other instructors for the fun stories and great lessons!
Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.

Mike AKA Bandaid

There was real improvement in all the students, myself included! I learned something knew at each of the Appleseed's I have attended. A big thank you Whit, Janer, Flipper, Schooner and Ironbar. Y'all are great!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Redhead

Had a great time.  Enjoyed meeting so many people.  Great bunch to be around.  Truly a dream come true to earn that patch.  So many bad habits to break and new habits to learn.  Started squeezing, holding, then releasing the trigger just in time to shoot that 211.  Thanks to Whit, Janer, Flipper, Schooner, Ironbar and Bandaid for the tips, guidance, and help.  Got home Sunday evening and discovered each elbow had a large blister.  Gotta bring elbow pads to Eagle Creek (aka Douglas Ridge) next month! ;D  First patch is only the beginning. 

Ironbar

I too had a great time on Sunday shooting and helping out here and there! Now who has photos they're going to post up??

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: Ironbar on May 22, 2018, 09:27:14 AM
I too had a great time on Sunday shooting and helping out here and there! Now who has photos they're going to post up??

And congrats on Distinguished!

Huzzah!!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Prescott

Nice shooting Ironbar! Huzzah!

So far, it looks like only instructors from the NW have earned the Distinguished.  Need to get these patches on the jackets of some of our students.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Flipper

Quote from: Prescott on May 22, 2018, 11:54:18 AM
Nice shooting Ironbar! Huzzah!

So far, it looks like only instructors from the NW have earned the Distinguished.  Need to get these patches on the jackets of some of our students.

Prescott, We intend too at the Eagle Creek event in June. We have two shooters coming who have shot in the 240's or better. Jane ordered extra Distinguished patches for good measure.  ;)

whit

This event was a standout for me for several reasons:

The shooters were very attentive and had excellent teachable attitudes.  More than that.....they helped each other.  This was evident during our carding the sights drill.

As instructors we love to tell the history.....but it is especially rewarding to see the smiles, head nods and edge-of-the seat anticipation of "what's next."

I saw tremendous improvement in everyone's marksmanship.  Please return to another event.  Many of you will only need one more to earn your Rifleman's patch.

Congratulations and Huzzahs to our new Rifleman and Riflewoman......Randy and Andie.  Also congrats to Ironbar for his Distinguished.  Next time, Ironbar....you have to shoot the AQT upside down and canted.

Special thanks to Schooner for travelling from Tacoma to help out.  (He even shot a Rifleman's score on an AQT to prove he's still got it.) We are thrilled to have you in the Pacific Northwest.

And another Huzzah to Mike AKA Bandaid for taking an Orange Hat!  We need all the help we can get.  I look forward to seeing you grow as an instructor.

Whit

whit

Here is a link to the pictures I took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IYkTYxjfptcrOFjm2

If you have others you would like to post, please do so.

Whit

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: whit on May 23, 2018, 03:53:47 PM
Here is a link to the pictures I took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IYkTYxjfptcrOFjm2

If you have others you would like to post, please do so.

Whit

Great pictures! It was a fantastic group of people, and amazing instruction. I am proud to now be a part of this! Thank you for the opportunity!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018