News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD at Talladega CMP 14-15 July 2018

Started by brianf31, May 16, 2018, 07:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianf31

All,

We plan to have our annual Instructor KD at Talladega CMP on 14-15 July 2018. It will be a great time of shootin' and fellowship. If you've never shot 600 yards at Talladega, you don't know what you're missing!

Cokeguy will Shoot Boss this event, with Maximum Ordinate assisting. It will be excellent instruction.

https://goappleseednow.org/?event=talladega-al-know-distance-july-28-29-2018-instructor-only

Range info: https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=703&id_event=4816&showall=yes

Range fee for the two-day shoot is $45 for adults and $25 for youth.

This shoot is open to any Appleseed instructor. Please share via email, particularly with instructors from nearby states.

We'll have some instruction, at least 4 AQT's and a little target detection and range estimation . Saturday shoot will run from 0800 to 1700. Sunday will run from 0900 to 1500. The range fees cover full use of the park, which closes at 1900.  You are welcome to do some fun shooting with pistols or shotguns after formal instruction ends. 

Last year, many of us stayed at Talladega Creekside http://www.talladegacreekside.com/   just a couple miles from the range. They have various size cabins (some big enough to split/share) at reasonable rates. Please note - they do not answer the phone.  Text them to set up reservations.   We had a great time grilling and hanging out.

Alternatively, instructors and shooters often stay at the Days Inn or Comfort Inn at Lincoln.  It's close, relatively inexpensive, and has clean sheets/hot water.

Looking forward to it,

Brianf31
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

Faramir

Is it basically pointless to come to a KD with a bolt gun, .308 w/ 18" barrel? I'm not too concerned about shooting Rifleman at something like this using my bolt gun, but I'd like to test out shooting at distance with it.

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Faramir on May 21, 2018, 08:55:10 PM
Is it basically pointless to come to a KD with a bolt gun, .308 w/ 18" barrel? I'm not too concerned about shooting Rifleman at something like this using my bolt gun, but I'd like to test out shooting at distance with it.

Absolutely not!  Many Rifleman scores have been shot with bolt action rifles!

Come on out!   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Faramir

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on May 21, 2018, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: Faramir on May 21, 2018, 08:55:10 PM

Absolutely not!  Many Rifleman scores have been shot with bolt action rifles!

Come on out!   :)

Sounds good. I'll have to check the schedule and make sure it works!

Ramblin' Wreck

This shoot is always a good time of fellowship and shooting but I probably won't make this one. I'm leaving next week for a 6 week stint at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton New Mexico assisting TaosGlock (Dan Bradford) with the youth adventure camps there the month of June.

http://www.nrawc.org/wc-experience/youth-programs/

Camp ends on 7/7 and Mrs. Wreck and I will do some sightseeing in the SW before meandering/driving home. In lieu of making the instructor KD I'll send pictures of me trying to hit the "White Buffalo" at 1123 yards with my M1A.  If I do get back in time I may drive down.

Y'all shoot straight.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown