News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new SC!!

Started by Ghostring, May 14, 2018, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

^:)^  ^:)^ Congratulations to TxRebel, the new Texas State Coordinator! ^:)^ ^:)^

It has been my pleasure and my privilege to serve you as SC, and I leave knowing that Texas is strong, vibrant, and produces the finest instructors in the program -- all thanks to YOU!  I am humbled to have served, I have stood on the shoulders of giants, and I continue to be amazed by the grace, grit, and generosity of our Texas Cadre.  Because of YOUR hard work and perseverance, we've got TWO KD ranges up and running, shoots all over the state, and are running program in areas that have been out-of-reach for some time.  We're reaching more people, and spreading the word of Liberty over the entire state, in fact, the NATION.  The response to our booth at NRAAM this year was excellent, to say the least, and I know that with YOUR continued support Texas will continue to grow and shine as only the Lone Star State can!  I can't help but smile, friends, at what we've accomplished so far -- and at what we'll do in the future.

TxRebel, our new SC, is FANTASTIC, and I don't use that word lightly.  If you've not seen him (and how could you MISS him :1luvu) he's the six-foot-plus former helicopter pilot turned Appleseeder that is always in the mix of things, rocking and ready to help!  He's possessed of excellent one-on-one skills, and you can often find him working deals with sponsors, speaking to range owners, and chasing down new and exciting projects!  You'll find TxRebel an excellent marksman, a fine instructor, a true patriot, and most of all a good friend to all.

Now please give TxRebel a warm Texas welcome to his new position!  :F
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

TxRebel

Thank you Jim for your embarrassing praise.  I'm very excited to take on this new responsibility.  Between Jim, and Mary before him I've got big shoes to fill.  Thank you for everything Jim; you did an awesome job.

Jim already gave you some of my background so I won't get into that.  If we haven't met yet I'm planning on attending shoots at every location in the state to meet everyone, and help wherever I can.  Here's how I see my new job, I exist to make sure you have what you need.  Without you this program falls apart.  I'm here to make sure all of you get what you need.  If you have any problems or ideas to improve AS please feel free to PM me or call me (254-304-8900) I'm here to help.

I'm honored and humbled to be chosen for this position and look forward to working with y'all.

Sincerely

Daniel Ramsey
TXRebel
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Mrs. Smith

Jim,  you are possibly the most "up" person I've ever met,  and it's been a genuine pleasure bothering you every time I get a fool idea in my head  :cool2: I'm looking forward to bothering you in your new capacity as well!

Dan,  Dan,  Dan....  you're gonna get so sick of me  **)

No, seriously,  you're going to be AMAZING. The foundation of the Texas Cadre is in good hands.

Congratulations!!!  :beer: :1luvu :partytime:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

scuzzy

Thanks Dan. You'll do great.

Now get to work.  ~~:)
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Superheat

Outstanding! Congratulation. Now both of you get back to work.  :)

Two Wolves

Dan, thank you for your service to your/our country!   O0  Then and now!

Best regards, Two Wolves   :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

AF5US

Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Mercedes

Congratulations, Dan.  See you this weekend!
Debbie and Padraic

Jerry Hall

Dan,
Thanks for steppin up! thank you for your service to the cause.
Happy Appleseeding Trails,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Texas T

Thanks for stepping up. Your dedication will be appreciated by many.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Congrats Dan!

Back it was still hearsay and whispers in the corners of dark restaurants I stated you had my vote.

:yeahthat:
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Ragnar Delta

Outstanding!!

Thanks for all you have done for this great program! Proud to know you and consider you a friend.

Congratulations! Huzzah!

ETA: And what change are we seeing with Ghostring? What are you transferring to?

A-lister

Congratulations Dan! I am looking forward to working with you. And Jim you are the best and good luck with the new work ahead of you. Texas has some great leaders! :F
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Richard D. Jones

"A Man's Pistol is used to get to his Rifle"

paul.rome

Congratulations - You'll do a great job!

Paul

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

GenX Minuteman

Congratulations TxRebel!!!!

This is great news!  You will be an amazing state coordinator!!!  Also, a BIGGGG Thank you to Ghostring for all of his hard work as well!!!  We cannot grow without a solid, stable base, so thank you to both of you providing the support for the Texas Appleseed program.

backtrack9

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Nashville Stage

Congrats to both of you! Texas has an amazing cadre.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

StevenK

Good luck from the East Coast.