Author Topic: Precision Rifle Appleseed  (Read 922 times)

Offline JoeZ

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • S.E. Wisconsin
Precision Rifle Appleseed
« on: May 05, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »
I have some interest in another precision clinic. If I get enough interest and help we could hold it again at the Sept shoot in Hubertus WI. Contact me here, email, phone or in person.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Offline Janir

• Persistance - Good for the Soul!
Re: Precision Rifle Appleseed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »
Ok, twist my arm... :P
Patrick Waldoch
Janir
appleseed@janir.net
414-745-7214
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Offline 2 clicks low

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
I could use a lesson.
2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Offline Leadlined

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:49:04 PM »
Sounds like fun
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
....and still working on it

Offline DrRichP

• National Coordinator & AOC member
  • Southwest Regional Coordinator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
Always happy to learn at your feet.  ;)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

“What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition.”  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Offline 2 clicks low

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »
Does one use a scoped Rem 700 in 06 for precision shooting or is this for my Garand?
Inquiring minds want to know.
2cl

Offline JoeZ

• S.E. Wisconsin
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
This is easiest with a scoped heavy bolt gun but a scoped precision semi can do it. You'll need a bipod or other rapidly deploying rest and the stage 4 target is 1.5 moa (3 inch at 200 yds) if I remember right.

By the response here, sounds like this is a go. As soon as I get another shootboss to sign up for the Sept shoot I'll post more details.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Offline 2 clicks low

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 10:39:31 AM »
As I've never owned or even used one, can someone recommend a bi-pod for this usage? Going with the Remington 700.
Also does one use a bi-pod and a sling?
Thanks
2cl

Offline Kennebago

• Instructor In Training 3
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 01:09:15 PM »
Harris gets my money.

For some ideas:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/01/05/bipod/
The secret of zen is just two words - "not always so".

Offline JoeZ

• S.E. Wisconsin
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »
No extra shoot boss has signed up so I guess this is not a go.

Maybe we could use one of Racine's events next year and that might give us more interest and a longer range. The Precision Appleseed doesn't replace the Legacy Appleseed but runs concurrent with it and that's why it needs two shoot bosses.

Offline 2 clicks low

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 10:18:19 PM »
JoeZ
I will sign up and SB the AS. I will catch your precision rifle class next time.
2cl

Offline Super Trooper

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »

Maybe we could use one of Racine's events next year and that might give us more interest and a longer range. The Precision Appleseed doesn't replace the Legacy Appleseed but runs concurrent with it and that's why it needs two shoot bosses.

Quick question from a boarder raider.  What is a Legacy and Precision Appleseed?

Thanks

Offline JoeZ

• S.E. Wisconsin
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 10:32:16 PM »
Legacy or traditional American marksmanship, utilizing the US GI sling and the SHF, is what we teach at a Project Appleseed marksmanship clinic. Precision marksmanship is a slower rate of fire with a more precise rifle/ammunition combination and allows for all sorts of deployable or improvised holds. I have developed a POI to run concurrent with our traditional program to utilize the existing clinics ranges, days, and to some degree, instructors.

Offline TrapperPete

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:59:24 PM »
how long of a range does one need to run a precision rifle Appleseed ?
what range requirements are there?

this sounds very interesting I would like to try it , I was unfortunately other wise committed in September.