News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Precision Rifle Appleseed

Started by JoeZ, May 05, 2018, 03:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

I have some interest in another precision clinic. If I get enough interest and help we could hold it again at the Sept shoot in Hubertus WI. Contact me here, email, phone or in person.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Janir

Ok, twist my arm... :P
Patrick Waldoch
Janir
appleseed@janir.net
414-745-7214
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

2 clicks low

I could use a lesson.
2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Leadlined

If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleerâ„¢/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

DrRichP

Always happy to learn at your feet.  ;)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

2 clicks low

Does one use a scoped Rem 700 in 06 for precision shooting or is this for my Garand?
Inquiring minds want to know.
2cl

JoeZ

This is easiest with a scoped heavy bolt gun but a scoped precision semi can do it. You'll need a bipod or other rapidly deploying rest and the stage 4 target is 1.5 moa (3 inch at 200 yds) if I remember right.

By the response here, sounds like this is a go. As soon as I get another shootboss to sign up for the Sept shoot I'll post more details.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

2 clicks low

As I've never owned or even used one, can someone recommend a bi-pod for this usage? Going with the Remington 700.
Also does one use a bi-pod and a sling?
Thanks
2cl

Kennebago

Wodan bood Mimir zijn oog
doch zou hij beter zien

JoeZ

No extra shoot boss has signed up so I guess this is not a go.

Maybe we could use one of Racine's events next year and that might give us more interest and a longer range. The Precision Appleseed doesn't replace the Legacy Appleseed but runs concurrent with it and that's why it needs two shoot bosses.

2 clicks low

JoeZ
I will sign up and SB the AS. I will catch your precision rifle class next time.
2cl

Super Trooper

Quote from: JoeZ on September 06, 2018, 11:38:45 PM

Maybe we could use one of Racine's events next year and that might give us more interest and a longer range. The Precision Appleseed doesn't replace the Legacy Appleseed but runs concurrent with it and that's why it needs two shoot bosses.

Quick question from a boarder raider.  What is a Legacy and Precision Appleseed?

Thanks
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

JoeZ

Legacy or traditional American marksmanship, utilizing the US GI sling and the SHF, is what we teach at a Project Appleseed marksmanship clinic. Precision marksmanship is a slower rate of fire with a more precise rifle/ammunition combination and allows for all sorts of deployable or improvised holds. I have developed a POI to run concurrent with our traditional program to utilize the existing clinics ranges, days, and to some degree, instructors.

TrapperPete

how long of a range does one need to run a precision rifle Appleseed ?
what range requirements are there?

this sounds very interesting I would like to try it , I was unfortunately other wise committed in September.

JoeZ

The range I've done this at is only 200 yds. I use a 200% sized AQT and put a Shoot and See target in the top right corner for sighters. The stage 4 targets are a real challange! A longer range would be better because 200 yds requires no range or wind compensation.

Augray

We The People

I'm interested if you plan to run a class this season.

TrapperPete

I would be interested if I can make it work in my schedule.

sounds like a fun time I have a heavy barrel semi and a bolt that could play.