News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

East Tennessee (Over the Mountain Men) Lets get the word out!

Started by student, January 18, 2009, 08:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

student

We have 2 AS's coming up soon.

Both in Kingsport.

One on March 7-8

One on April 18-19

I'm attaching fliers to be posted.

Pm me if you can help (instruct, setup, handout fliers, call radio shows, get free adds in the paper.........)

With all the new rifle owners out there we should be able to get good turn out at these.

Aaron

Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!

oldgrunt

www.guncollectorsforum.com needs a few more to talk Appleseed they heard a few things about us and would like to know more...I  have started a thread but if a few of you from that AO could sound off things might  get better.....I will keep posting on there but could use some help...

oldgrunt..out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

TnTimberwright

Hey Aaron,

You did an excellent job on the Flyers. Making copies and will distribute around the Tri Cities as I can.

Nickle has me already scheduled for an AS on Mar 7-8 in Hinesville, GA and I'm down to be the SB at Myakka City, FL on Apr 18-19.

Otherwise, and if I had my druthers, I'd rather be here to help you with both of these (sure would be a lot easier than traveling like they have me set up to do. If things change any at all and you are still short, then maybe Nickle may change me on the March 7-8 AS but I am pretty sure I'll have to do the Myakka City, FL AS on Apr 18-19 since the regular SB will be up at Hernando Co doing one there too.

Good job again on getting this started on these two AS's.  Like I said, I'm going to get another pack of paper and another ink cartridge and put these announcements up everywhere possible in the whole Tri Cities area as I'm all over them.

I head down to Hernando Co, FL for another (2nd IBC on Jan 28-29 and an AS that weekend on Jan 31-Feb 1.

I then go back to FL to Myakka City on Feb 21-22 to work as an IIT on that AS. The following weekend Feb 28-Mar 1 I'll be at Ramseur, NC as an IIT.

Then on Mar 7-9 it's an AS at Hinesville, GA as an IIT and the following weekend Mar 14-15 at Toccoa, GA as the SB (my first). This is followed the next weekend in Puryear, TN at another IBC on Mar 21-22. The next weekend it's back to Myacca City, FL as the SB on another AS and I will also be there on April 18-19.

As you can see, they have me programmed like crazy and especially March (every weekend that month). Fred has them "Fast Tracking" a few of us. I'll end up with 3 IBC's behind me during Jan-Mar and a bunch of AS's. April is my slowest month after this one. Then May and June has me "running" like crazy again. On top of it, they have me as a "hip pocket" SB after I make SB and may send me anywhere. I volunteered and boy, am I in for a long busy time. But I'm looking forward to it. Figure on being able to do more up this way between August and December. Overall they have me scheduled for 18-20 AS's at this point. And yep, I'm becoming a FullTime Instructor to do what I can for AS to make it all we can make it while we can make it in 2009. What we actually get to do (depends on govt and their new gun/ammo laws already introduced in the House). We might have to go to using Air Rifles or BB guns if they don't outlaw them too. Once they outlaw enough to make me become a felon, then I guess I'll drop off the AS trail. Meanwhile, I'm going like blazes to do all I can for AS.

Keep me informed on your needs on these AS's. I know some other ITT's and will be meeting others and training others in the interim and may be able to get you some help for sure. At least I'll try to get you some. 

My EX took your HG Permit course and loved it. She is a former military and police officer who hasn't been handling a HG in quite awhile. We're still good friends and have regular contact. I referred her to you as she has classes some at ETSU. Like I said, she was very much impressed with how you did things with so many present in the class.

Take care and keep me up on your needs. We'll get you some ITT's.

Bill/TnTimberwright

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

student

Thanks,

In the interest of full disclosure,  I only modified flyers I found on the forum.

www.skillgarden.net

TnTimberwright

student/oldgrunt,

I went over to the http://www.guncollectorsforum.com at oldgrunts suggestion and did a "pump post" to promote AS building on oldgrunts post. The Kingsport shoots are there and the Forum moderator moved the post group to a place to where he thinks we'll get a much better response. Oldgrunt's post was aimed well for the Kingsport shoots, so I aimed mine more globally promoting the AS Program Nationwide and suggesting all readers to hit our website for more info. I also was promoting oldgrunt post on the Kingsport AS's on Mar 7-8 and April 18-19.

Hope that helps some. Oldgrunt, I saw your plea for some more help and gave it my 2 cents worth. Let me know if you come up with any other forums needing some "punchin."  &)

TnTimberwright
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

CandRNut

Count me in to help as a grunt (or cook!).  I'll mark the dates on my calendar.

I'll also print/distribute flyers, just like last time.

My participation also hinges on my employment (things are dicey so if I lose my job then I may not even be in area).

Superman

Quote from: student on January 18, 2009, 08:23:17 AM

Both in Kingsport.

One on March 7-8

One on April 18-19

Pm me if you can help (instruct, setup, handout fliers, call radio shows, get free adds in the paper.........)

With all the new rifle owners out there we should be able to get good turn out at these.

Aaron

Are you the one that posted about this on TGO? I had posted up a question and the next thing I know the thread is gone. Anyway, I plan on going to the one in April. I think my brother will be going with me, but I doubt I can get my Dad to go. Can a 17 year old go without a parent? I sure hope so.

student

Quote from: Superman on January 20, 2009, 07:37:09 PM
Quote from: student on January 18, 2009, 08:23:17 AM

Both in Kingsport.

One on March 7-8

One on April 18-19

Aaron

Are you the one that posted about this on TGO? I had posted up a question and the next thing I know the thread is gone. Anyway, I plan on going to the one in April. I think my brother will be going with me, but I doubt I can get my Dad to go. Can a 17 year old go without a parent? I sure hope so.

I am.  They sent me a PM offering to let me become a vendor on their site.  I have explained our plan to them.  I am weighting on them to get back to me.  I did not know they pulled the thread.  I hope I can get something worked out with them.

I look forward to seeing you there.  You can have the liability waiver signed by the guardian before you show up.

PM me if you have questons.

Aaron

www.skillgarden.net