News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs AR, April28-29, 2018

Started by sticksnstones, April 30, 2018, 11:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

You couldn't have asked for better weather or attendees than we had for this weekend at the MVSA range in Hot Springs. KPUC is really showing his growth as an Instructor and his daughter Pumpkinseed was a great help keeping me in line as well as helping as an LSO
The group of attendees comprised of about half and half repeat repeat/new shooters. They all reminded me of why o volunteer for Appleseed. Every one came with great teachable attitudes and every single one was a joy to instruct and hang out with.
Joel shot a Rifleman score before he had to abandon us. His son isn't gonna be happy that he attended this event without him and shot a Rifleman score. Thanks for coming Joel.
John and Grant both improved greatly. John was so close and had malfunctions at the end of his last AQT. Ya just have to love Grants attitude and that young man has no quit in him.
Don was improving by the minute but was unable to return on Sunday. Hopefully he'll come to another event and finish what he started.
Again I want to thank Russ for his service tjo ur cobuntry. This was another that was a joy to teach and hang out with. It took him a bit but he shot a great AQT and took a patch. Would love to see him return and hang out again.
Eric heard about Appleseed through a podcast and drove several hours to join us. He started with little experience, shot a 74, but with his teachable attitude he improved his score to the 170's I believe. I know with a little practice that he will shoot a great score next time.
Parker want able to join us on day two but his shooting greatly improved, day two would have done him some good.
John and Victor drove up from Louisiana and I was glad they did. John had some medical issues and had to sit it out but Victor was able to stay and he knocked on the Rifleman score , but couldn't get over that hump. Both a blessing to have there.
Next was h

"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

ReExOops. Sent before completedr

Next was Randy who brought some skill and some from last time he attended an event. Didn't take him long to shoot a 210 (yes he got wet) he continued to shoot better scores each time for the rest of the day. He ended by asking for an orange hat. Congrats bright1
Next Tony and his cousin AJ came (oops sorry AJ I wasn't supposed to mention that you're related). Great shooting guys. Tony shot a Rifleman score at this event (his 2nd) then stepped up by attempting with an M1. He was well on his way before losing his ejector and extractor. Great shooting
David aka Jayhawker came to shoot and to help out and did both well. He requaled also

Ted did well also and shot many qualifying scores. He is a great host and makes sure that
We have a hot food option
Thanks all for making it a great weekend
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

bright1

Thanks to sticks, KPUC and pumpkinseed for their parts in making this a successful event!  Thanks also to the orange hats for their help. Ted, very good burgers and dogs! Enjoyed very much shooting with everyone who came and hope to get the opportunity to shoot with you again! Grant, keep it up! You are an awesome young man!  It was especially good to see you and John again. Victor, pleasure shooting next to you. Always nice to make new friends!

Bandido

This was my first Appleseed event. It was worth the drive from Louisiana. Everybody was awesome and kind. Instructors were very knowledgeable. I learned a lot. Hope to make rifleman score next time. Big thanks to sticks and Chris. God bless!!

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Pics
Thomas Paine

KPUC

Erin (Pumpkinseed) and I had a great time at this shoot.  It was wonderful to see all the new and old shooters on the line.  There were huge improvements all around. 

In a few weeks we are moving to GA, near Savannah, and will miss our AR Appleseed crew.

It has been terrific growing with you.

Chris.
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.