News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

dond's Posterity - Three generations of Riflemen/Instructors

Started by Google, April 27, 2018, 09:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

On Patriot's Weekend we were blessed to have the rare occurrence of three generations of Riflemen/Instructors on the line in Columbiana, AL.  Master Instructor dond, myself, and my son, IIT BulletSquid, worked together for the first time.  Busy schedules and separation by a couple of states have always made it difficult to be in the same place at the same time.

dond has influenced scores of instructors during his nearly 12 years with Appleseed and his tireless dedication will be felt for many years to come.  Nowhere is that more evident than in the picture below.

One very special person was missing for this event: Sarah Duncan, dond's wife, our mother/grandmother, and also a dedicated Applecore member.  Our hearts were hurting but we celebrated being together and sharing the weekend with a great crew of instructors and shooters.  Mom would have been so proud!

Maximum Ordinate

For those who don't know... all three of those instructors are KD qualified!    ^:)^

dond & BulletSquid qualified in January 2016.  Google requalified on the same AQT with them.

No question - this is a family who knows what they are about!   :snipersmi

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

GTEngineer

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I has been a honor working with you dond, Google, and Rusty and thanks for your continued support.  Hope our paths cross again!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Texas T

I believe this was long overdue. having three generations at one event is, indeed, impressive. I had a chance to work with your dad and mom at a KD in New Philly, Ohio a couple of years ago. It was a blessing to have them there.

God bless.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Mixed Metaphor

I read this tears in my eyes and a smile on my face.  I was blessed to be there with you all.  Thanks for the great hugs!!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

LesMoore

Tears and a smile, I had that also.  This family holds a special place in my heart. JP and I live close to dond and have had the privilege of working with him and Sarah a lot over the past several years. How special to see these 3 generations working together at an event!!

Leslie