News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEW shirt colors at the Appleseed store

Started by Thaddeus, April 24, 2018, 07:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaddeus

Just in time for spring, for gun shows, for the NRA convention, or the golf course - anywhere you want to display your Appleseed logo -

Mens and ladies polo shirts in new colors! ^:)^

New colors are red, dark green, and charcoal in mens sizes, and red and riviera blue in ladies sizes, in addition to our regular black and white.

Check them out now at http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page3.html.

eaglescouter

Colors are great.

But some of us require a shirt pocket, so please let that feature return to the polo shirts. 

(And thank you for the long sleeve button shirt with a pocket, it rocks! )
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Border-Run

:sb:  just a reminder not everyone is 2x or smaller, some of us that help with AS grew to full size, and were not stunted in are youth. the 3x tee-shirt looks like a 1/2 shirt on me.  :sb:

Thaddeus

Manufacturers don't always stock the sizes we need. The Store gets larger sizes when we can.

Google

These look great!  I really appreciate that ladies styles have been made available, particularly in instructor gear.  Thanks for all you do!

Leadlined

Since we're sort of on the topic, is there any chance those black shirts we handed out for Patriots' Day will reach the store?
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

Thaddeus

Our thought was we'd have a new Patriots Day shirt each year going forward, and that black was a one-time event.

What do Appleseeders think about that same shirt design in a color other than black, with a bit nicer fabric, for the Store? Did the design go over well?

TheMenace

They were a big hit in Palm Bay. Too bad not everyone got one.
:boohoo:
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

cwcdl79

Not having seen the design yet, I'd say "no" to putting them in the store. Leave them as a patriots weekend only shirt. But that's my $0.02

Nashville Stage

Here's my 2¢: I think having a special shirt for April 19th events is a good one. I wouldn't mind if it stays the same from year to year, with occasional redesigns. That would make supply & distribution much easier; there wouldn't be a risk off under-supplying (and not everyone getting a shirt) or over-purchasing (and throwing away a bunch of one-year-only shirts).

On a related note, are there plans for another printing run of these shirts? I know there were some students & instructors who weren't able to get one this year because of the shortage.

Thanks for working on all of this! The new stuff really looks good.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Thaddeus on April 25, 2018, 12:16:20 PM
What do Appleseeders think about that same shirt design in a color other than black, with a bit nicer fabric, for the Store? Did the design go over well?

The design went over very well.  The new spun fabric was softer than the older Ts.  As far as sizing goes, they seemed a bit smaller, but you'd only notice if you're in-between sizes.

As far as having it in another color, I defer to others with better eyes for such things.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

JustKim

I LOVE the Patriot's Day shirts.  The fabric is much nicer than the "normal" t's.  Wish all of our T's could be this fabric. 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

TomM1Thumb

It would have been nice to be able to read the whole back of the shirt,   But then Maybe it was only Me.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Super Trooper

Quote from: TomM1Thumb on June 18, 2018, 09:23:57 AM
It would have been nice to be able to read the whole back of the shirt,   But then Maybe it was only Me.
No, it wasn't just you.  There was much head scratching over it around here.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Faramir

Are the red and green colors intended to match the Instructor and Shoot Boss hat colors? While I like both colors as colors, my only concern about them would be that the colors could be confusing to both shooters and instructors as to the rank/position (whichever term is preferred) of the wearer. Did I miss something there?