News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Patch

Started by Oldmikey, April 24, 2018, 06:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmikey

This is the patch I was speaking about at the debrief
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Pete!

That's nice!

I thought that there was a discussion thread for the Alaska Rocker but I can't find it.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Starbuck

I have not seen one like that before :)

I like it!

Starbuck

I found the thread where we were counting to get our 100 for the rocker.  https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24313.msg308132#msg308132

I'm not sure if that's the one you were looking for.

hogfamily

I was going to start a discussion about what we want the patch to look like.

This is as good a place as any.

Put up your ideas and we will go from there.

I'm thinking the patch will be the same width as a rifleman patch, simular the Sons of Liberty and Battle Road patch.

We need to decide on color(s) and what we want on the patch.

Suggestions so far are OD Green, (same as rifleman patch), with the state flag big dipper stars in Gold. 

Anyway please post your suggestions.

Lets get this done soon.

Thanks

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Starbuck

You aren't getting much response, and Pete, OldMikey and I like the one presented with just a touch of color....will that one work?

Pete!

Fred said that he would buy us Alaska state rockers when we grew 100 riflemen. We are now at 131 so we need to get on it!

What is a state rocker? A state rocker is one of the "official" Appleseed patches. (Instructors only link:https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/faq.php#patches01) As far as size and shape go, they are "a sorta arching (curved) name patch which goes above or below the standard oval RWVA patch". (https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3240.0) Yeah, I know it's a super technical description. From my reading in the forum, other state rockers are just the state's name.

My recommendation is a tall rocker-shaped OD green patch with the border & Big Dipper in black and the North Star in gold. It would be similar the the one OldMikey shared except the top and bottom edges would be curved. It would fit either above or below the RWVA oval patch (I have no preference but we would need to decide on one).

Edit: Attached a rough mock up.
Edit2: Messed up the attachment.  :wb:
Edit3: Ugh! "Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator."
          I just put it here: https://i.imgur.com/2dIhRgs.png
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Oldmikey

"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

hogfamily

HUZZAH!
I like it too!

Here is my only concern. My understanding is that the oval patches have been retired and once the supply at the Appleseed store is gone then they will be no more.  I will confirm or stand corrected with the AS upper management.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Shooternotrifle

I'm only sorta an Alaskan anymore but I like it.:-)

Taka222

I like the design, with the bronze/od coloring.

The rockers and oval patches ARE being retired, so we may want to go with a bar instead of a rocker.
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer