News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Springtime in Missouri, the Appleseeds are blooming

Started by cmidkiff, January 16, 2009, 11:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

Jan 3-Feb 1 - DAR Work Weekend at Osage Beach.  Time to get that DAR up and running.  If you're reading this, and within driving range, we need you!  Bring chainsaws, brush rakes, and work gloves... This DAR is key to Appleseed's success in Missouri, let's get 'er up and running!

March 21-22, Williamstown MO - Everyone signed up?  First '09 AS in MO!  Land owner Stu is a huge 2nd amendment supporter, has testified multiple times before congress on 2A bills in MO, board member of MSSA, very active on MoCarry... good guy to have on our team.  We need to make this shoot a rousing success!

March 28-29, Cameron MO - Just sent the info in to get this shoot on the schedule... will need to staff it ASAP.  Should be a good shoot, the land owner is inviting everyone in the area...  Before it even makes the schedule, we can count on this one having a good turnout.

April 18-19, Osage Beach, MO - Been on the schedule for some time, everyone on deck for this one!  Let's break in MO's first DAR in style! 

With any luck, I'll soon have a date for Pioneer gun range to add to the list, as well.  Still need something in Springfield... I do have a line on a range, but it's not for sure.  Also need something closer to St. Louis.  Anyone with a line on a range, please contact me!

We'll be turning last fall's crop of orange hats to red in short order ;)

badbear

This is the most unfriendly site for new people to navigate. This is a very exiting project that I would love to do. If  it were not it were not for the Guys at CMP I would have said forgetaboutit. Maybe an orientation section thats easy to follow.
"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made."

EEL

Badbear,
Sorry to hear you are having troulbe getting around.  No doubt, there is a TON of info on these boards.  I would suggest starting at the top.  The "must reads" and "bulletins" are helpful.

Then look at the regional boards for happenings in your neck of the woods.  If you are looking to attend an Appleseed, I hope you are, look at the 2009 schedule.  We have 50 or so shoots scheduled for April 19, a historic day for this Country!  There are also shoots listed for the entire year.  Shoots are added often, so keep an eye on that board.

The After Action Reports (AAR) are just that.  A report on how the shoots or Rifleman Boot Camp (RBC) or Instructor Boot Camps (IBC) went. 

Greybeard is your State Coordinator and a heck of a guy.  To send him a Personal Message (PM), at the top of the page are several tabs.  One says "members".  Click that and a list of members shows up.  Click on the letter G, scroll to the bottom of the page, then click on page 23.  Grey beard show up there.

Click on Greybeard, his profile will pop up.  Scroll to the bottom of his profile and there will be a sentence saying "send this member a personal message.  Click on that and you will be able to type him a message.  He should be able to answer some of your questions.

You can read these boards for probably 6 months straight and still not see all that's posted here so don't get discouraged.  Remember, a Rifleman persists.  A Rifleman persevers.

If I can be of any help, you may PM me.  I'll do what I can.

Glad to have you aboard.  You are on the right trail !!

P.S.  We will be working on a Designated Appleseed Range (DAR) in Osage the weekend on 1/31 - 2/1.  If you can make it out there, we plan on building Sat, maybe some of Sun.  Then do some shooting.  Gotta test it out, right??  ;D
Contact Greybeard, Longshot, or me for more info.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

cmidkiff

badbear:  I received you PM, and replied.  Sorry you're having problems, you're not the first to have trouble finding stuff on this site.  We're working on it, I promise :)

Don't give up... it's worth it :)

In other news:  There's a shiny new MO Appleseed... June 13-14, at Pioneer Gun Club, Bates City MO.  Superb location, should be lots of member interest.  I look forward to a good many more shoots at this location.  Coming to the schedule soon!

greybeard