News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sarah Duncan

Started by Guntuckian, April 13, 2018, 02:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guntuckian

It is with deepest regret that I report that Dond's wife, Sarah, passed away on April 12, 2018 at 3:15 AM.  She was also Google's mom.   She was a Blue Hat volunteer with Project Appleseed, and will be greatly missed by all.

Deepest condolences and prayers to Dond, Google, and all her family and to all her many, many Appleseed friends.  We will miss her greatly. 
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Nashville Stage

Don & Diana, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that God's love would hold you together as you grieve. If there's anything that we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

I remember the times that I had the pleasure of working with Ms. Sarah. She was warm & gracious, but also gave a hint that she could be a little spitfire if she wanted to. :) She was a wonderful help to Don and to all those around her. She will be missed. Rest well, Ms. Sarah.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

scuzzy

Oh no. I'd met her a few months ago. She was a sweet lady.

My prayers for both her and Don and Diana.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

The Wolfhound

Don, deepest condolences.  May the Lord be your strength.

Josey Wales

Dond is an Appleseed icon and Sarah is the amazing Lady behind the man. In other words, as I can testify from my own personal experience with my amazing wife is that a good woman makes a good man, a better man. Sarah made Dond the best man he could be, and we all benefited from that amazing Southern Lady. I have had the extraordinary pleasure of being in the presence of both these amazing fine folk. I respect and admire them both. I am sorry Mr Dond for your loss and my prayers and reflection are offered up to you and your Family..

..With Love, Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Weezer

This is heartbreaking news.   Sarah was a kind-hearted soul, a great conversationalist and she possessed a sparkling wit and a vivacious-yet-gracious personality.   To say that she will be missed is an understatement.   

I am so, so sorry Don and Diana.   May her memory be eternal. 
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

TaosGlock

I am so sorry to hear this dond.
Our most heartfelt condolences to you.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

VietVet

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Sarah was such a positive person to not only her immediate family but to the Appleseed Family. I'm thankful that I had the pleasure of meeting and working with her.
Don, please know that Sarah, you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

ThePoet

My sincerest condolences.  Sarah was always friendly and kind.  She worked diligently on behalf of the organization.  She will be missed.

Don, you and your family are in my prayers.

Mercedes

Heartfelt condolences from our family to yours.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen

Mercedes and Tumbleweed
Debbie and Padraic Fonseca

Steck

Don, it hurt our hearts to hear that dear Miss Sarah had passed, please let us know if there's *anything* we can do to help.

For those who hadn't met her, Sarah was the model of Grace Under Pressure.

TxRebel

Don-  my deepest sympathies.  Meeting you both at the Texas KD last year was a treat.  She was a special lady.  Prayers foe you both.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

A-lister

So sorry to hear of her passing. I never met her but just being a part of Appleseed says tons about her. May our Father comfort you and yours at this time.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Ragnar Delta

Deepest condolences. Sending prayers.

Miki

Don,
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If there is anything I can do to help you please reach out. I'm here for you. <snif>
Miki

PaleRider

Don,
So thankful that I could meet her while you were here in South Texas. May the peace of God get you through this trying time, and know that we all love you.
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

SavageShootr

Sarah was a huge part of Appleseed. She will be missed. I am glad I had the privilege to meet her.
May the Lord grant you comfort.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Engineer shooting

DonD, you and your family are in my prayers.  :'(
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

GenX Minuteman

DonD,

I am greatly saddened to hear of your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

backtrack9

BlueFeather

Dear DonD

I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. She has touched so many hearts, and leaves behind many golden memories that can never be taken away.

/Gillian
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

TOMINCT

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, prayers to you and your family.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Thaddeus

Don - our deepest condolences at your loss. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Thaddeus and Cousin Hart

LawDog

Don and Diana, please accept our condolences. We were privileged to have been able to work with your wife/mother at an event several years ago. She made us all better.
Dan, Eliska, and Thomas

dond

Thank you all. Your responses are so precious to me. Many of them were quoted at the funeral yesterday. She surely made me a better man. I am lost without her.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

colonial shooter

Don, keeping you in my prayers!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Pete!

Don, this is truly heart-wrenching news. Sarah was a joy.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Google

Thank you everyone.  This has been devastating for our family.  Your love and support have been instrumental in sustaining us through this difficult time.

I'm thankful that dond has returned to AL with me for a while and will help at our Patriot's Day event in Columbiana where I will be Shoot Boss and my son, dond's grandson, BulletSquid will be an IIT.  Our family will have three generations of instructors on the line and about 20 of the shooters will be from BulletSquid's Young Marine unit.  My mother would be so proud.

Diana