News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hopewell Junction, NY 2012 Events

Started by Another D.O.M., January 26, 2012, 03:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

We have two events scheduled for Whortlekill Rod & Gun Club in Hopewell Junction during this year - June 9 & 10 and September 1 & 2.  I've attached the flier below.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Another D.O.M.

"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

95THNY

Hey ADOM,

I"m not sure you'll remember me, but my family and I shot an Appleseed up in Lake George last fall. It was myself, my wife and two daughters. They are older now, and one is of age to fire 22 now. The other we are trying to borrow one of the air rifles from the league they both shoot in. My older daughter missed shooting Rifleman by 4-5 points and it has been eating at her since.

We signed up for the June Hopewell event earlier today, I tried to PM you this, but I couldn't figure that out for some reason.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up that I have kids coming with me, I'm sure this is more info than you needed already.

Best regards,

Don ARns

R1SGx2

Don,
Thank you for signing up,

A/DOM - Mark, you and NYRASGT Mark worked with his daughters, one had the pink shooting mat, Don was the one on the right side of the line with his 223 just barely making rifleman, no, in fact Don had to shoot well with his wife, daughters and friend there. Then Kris and Don went on to shooting KD. We presented the girls patches on the side of the range building which became our Lexigton Green. And Don received his Rifleman patch.

Don to PM Mark it is Another D.O.M. on site or e-mail NY@appleseedinfo.org

Thank you to you and your family for staying with the program.
R1sgx2
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

LittleMo

Hi Don,

Thank you for you and your family for signing up for another Project Appleseed! If I remember corectly, your wife was so close to shooting the score and was very proud of it! Hopefully all has been practicing dry firing so at Hopewell Junction all will do great!

Now is a good time to sign up for another Project Appleseed! :)

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Another D.O.M.

Hello Don!  Thanks for contacting me.

I do remember yourself and your family.  Your two daughters, McKenzie and Riley if my memory serves me well,  are the two most well behaved and well disciplined young women I've met in a very long time.  As I recall you were shooting PMC ammo in the AR; and there was somewhat of a friendly rivalry between yourself, your wife and another member of your party.  And someone was driving an electric car.  Families like yours are not soon to be forgotten.  I actually had a conversation regarding the likelihood of your family attending the next Appleseed event in Hopewell Junction.

I am very happy to see that your family has decided to return to an Appleseed event - and even happier that we have one much closer to your home than Lake George.

I will speak with the Shoot Boss for the Hopewell Junction event (Josey Wales on the RWVA forum) and bring him up to speed regarding the possible need for an air rifle for Riley's use.  I have no doubt that we will be able to accommodate your family at this event.  As of this moment I am still unsure of where I will be that weekend (we have two Appleseed events scheduled in addition to the Annual Meeting of the NYS RPA).  However, I'm sure I will meet your family once again as you travel the Appleseed Trail.

Thanks for posting Don.  And thanks for your continued support of Project Appleseed!
MJA

95THNY

A.D.O.M.

Lol... Damn.. You have a good memory... Yeah that was us, except for the electric car... My friend Ken left his headlights on and we had a problem jump starting it because of some computer deal, So I guess that is close.

You were right on the names, I am trying to get the air rifle league the girls shoot at to let us borrow one or their guns for the weekend, but I won't know if they give us the thumbs up for that until the 28th. Mackenzie has a AR with a dedicated 22lr upper (purpose built, not a conversion) she will be using. I'm not sure yet if it will stand up to the abuse of an Appleseed, as it hasn't nearly that many rounds through it yet, but I will have backups. Bringing the hand truck to Gander Mt to pick up the ammo next week...

We are looking forward to our next Appleseed very much, hope you can make it. If not I have read good things about Josey Wales, and that is one of my favorite movies of all time, so how could it not be a great time, again!

Thanks once again for your help. I tried talking to a few NJ people at ANJRPC and haven't gotten anywhere YET to help Project Appleseed establish a beachhead in Northern NJ, but I'm working on it...

Best regards,

Don ARns

Another D.O.M.

Date change from Sept. to Oct. and updated flier attached.

Josey Wales

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on June 09, 2012, 12:10:42 PM
Date change from Sept. to Oct. and updated flier attached.

..NO this is a mix up..

The date change was from September 1/2  to  September 8/9

so the NEW DATE IS 09-8/9-2012      Hope to see you on the line............................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Josey Wales on June 11, 2012, 04:03:09 PM..NO this is a mix up..

The date change was from September 1/2  to  September 8/9

so the NEW DATE IS 09-8/9-2012      Hope to see you on the line............................
Nice catch Josey.  That's what I get for doing two of these at the same time - the other one WAS Sept. to Oct.