News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Needs your Help, Morengo, Ohio April 7 & 8, 2018

Started by Corvette, April 03, 2018, 09:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

PA Appleseed,

I need your help.  We have a sold out shoot this coming weekend in Morengo, Ohio at Cardinal Shooting Center.  We have 33 pre-regs and climbing.  This is our first shoot at this range and I am currently signed up to be the Shoot Boss at this event. However, I have a pretty big problem.

Yesterday morning, I got a call from my sister that my mom was unresponsive when the nurses at the rehab center tried to wake her for breakfast.  Mom is currently in the hospital and has not been responsive for the last two days.  It is impossible to know right now where this will go but it does not look good.  There is a good chance that mom will go to hospice in the next day or two and from there, we have no idea how this will play out. 

As such, there is a very good chance that I will not be able to Shoot Boss the event and I need to make backup arrangements in case mom passes and I have to be with family.  Right now, we only have me, one Red Hat and two IIT's signed up to work the event. 

So, I would really appreciate it if a Shoot Boss could sign up to instruct as a back up in case I can not be there.  My Red Hat is good and I am sure that he could handle the event.  But it is hardly fair to dump a large, understaffed shoot at a new range onto a relatively new Red Hat. 

If I can run the shoot, I will but I can not guarantee I can be there.  So I need a plan B.  If I can be their, the backup is free to bail early for the trip home or if I know for sure I can make it, the backup will be free to skip the event totally if you want.  But I need to know we can cover the event, one way or another. 

Please PM me if you can help me with this problem.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

PA Appleseed,

Well, once again PA shows what a great group of Appleseeders live there.  Charles McKindley, SB and FullMetalRifleman from PA have signed up as backup Shoot Boss and additional instructor to helpf me with my problem.  But its a big shoot, if any one else wants to help, I am sure that Chuck would appreciate it. 

PA, I owe you a big one.  If you ever need anything from Ohio, I will make it happen. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!