News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shoot at Proctor Fish & Game June 16-17

Started by dwarven1, March 27, 2018, 09:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

OK, boys and girls - It's OFFICIAL. June 16-17. We're on like Donkey Kong.

.22 LR only, primitive camping allowed, going to limit it to 25.

I'll try and sweet talk Luv2Bfree into a pot of sausage tortellini soup for lunch for Saturday if I can.

I personally have some LTR loaners that I'll be bringing. I also have in my gun shop GI slings, swivels and studs and a I have a borrowed stud jig to install them with. I have Marlin Mod 60 Tech sights but no Ruger ones, alas.

IF you are an instructor coming from far away, I live about an hour from the site and have two guest rooms (and two cats) if you'd prefer to stay with the Dwarf instead of staying at a hotel.

So FAR, we don't have a magazine ban here. That could change depending on the senate and Governor Flip-Flop, so stay tuned.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

dwarven1

Quote from: dwarven1 on March 27, 2018, 09:24:28 PM
OK, boys and girls - It's OFFICIAL. June 16-17. We're on like Donkey Kong.

I personally have some LTR loaners that I'll be bringing. I also have in my gun shop GI slings, swivels and studs and a I have a borrowed stud jig to install them with. I have Marlin Mod 60 Tech sights but no Ruger ones, alas.

So FAR, we don't have a magazine ban here. That could change depending on the senate and Governor Flip-Flop, so stay tuned.

The BAD news: We now have a magazine ban. HOWEVER... according to the State House, you out of staters can bring your over 10 round mags with you no problem (I'm not sure what the POINT of the ban is, since this is so... but there it is).

The GOOD news. We're still on track for this, and I personally will have three loaner rifles with me: one scoped and two with Tech-Sights.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

sgtmarine

Just registered for the shoot. More than willing to help out if needed, just would request that I get a chance to shoot a couple of AQT. Need to try for 240 or better... Work in progress!!!!
Bill
GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO SACRAFICED ALL FOR OUR FREEDOM

dwarven1

Quote from: sgtmarine on May 08, 2018, 12:05:05 PM
Just registered for the shoot. More than willing to help out if needed, just would request that I get a chance to shoot a couple of AQT. Need to try for 240 or better... Work in progress!!!!
Bill

Considering we have two instructors and 10- students so far, you ARE going to be put to work.  ;) ~~:)

GEORGE WASHINGTON

sgtmarine

No problem... Hopefully more sign up!! If so offer still stands.

dwarven1

Please go to the TIPS section and sign up; that way we can get you to the next level. Send me a PM if you would and let me know where you are and what level IIT you'll be going for.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

sgtmarine

I am an IIT1 and just received my orange hat at the Saratoga, NY shoot a couple of weeks ago. Have not figured out how to sign up under the tips section. I'll check with Grumpy 1 and find out how to do that. Will stay in touch.

sgtmarine

Mph_VT

It's a relief to have you on board sgtmarine. We are up to 19 shooters.

You can officially sign up on the TIPS page.  Usually go to the Forum page and scroll down to the TIPS link. https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/start.php.  Click the sign up in the header menu and sign up in the drop down menu.  Click Vermont on the map. Then click sign up again.

There's a lot of instructor information on this page, you might enjoy browsing a bit.

See you Saturday.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen

sgtmarine

Great news!!! Always more fun with a good turn out!! Will be coming up Saturday am and staying over for Sunday!  ^:)^

sgtmarine

JMurrayVT

I just created my account. I had a lot of fun, I wish that my friends could have stayed for the second day.
V/r,

JMurrayVT