News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OK now Florida - It's on! A friendly competition with Ohio! Lets win!!!!!!!!

Started by B.C., March 27, 2018, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Tuesday March 27th
Greetings Florida,

It's come to my attention that we have been suddenly entered into a non-official friendly competition with Ohio in regards to the number of students we will have signed up for our April 21st - 22nd events. So…. let's make it an official friendly competition, shall we? Why not, right? We have six Florida venues hosting shoots that weekend and as of 3.27 there are already 73 student registrations. Ohio is hosting five venues with 83 current student registrations. Ohio is certainly ahead - for now. So, Florida; lets show them what we can do! I would like to see the registrations soar to over 100 in both States and of course, Florida with a higher number on top! Who will back their state and get the word out?

Now - the really cool part of this competition: Let's put some skin in the game just for fun and because we can. The state coordinator of the state with the less number of pre-regs must go to their local range wearing a tri-cornered hat and be videotaped loudly proclaiming "Florida Appleseed is the best" or "Ohio Appleseed is the best" then get a bucket of water poured on them. Sound good to you? I'm game! The video then must be uploaded to YouTube for all to see. Do we have a deal? We will tally the pre-regs up Friday April 20th and the looser must pay up!

Don't let me down Florida! IT'S ON!!

BC
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Corvette

To Florida AS

Ohio has accepted this challenge as a matter of honor. Best of luck to both states. Please don't be too sad when defeat arrived on April 20. 

Regardless of the outcome, America wins with every person we bring to our events. Good luck.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

B.C.

Quote from: Corvette on March 27, 2018, 08:41:02 PM
To Florida AS

Ohio has accepted this challenge as a matter of honor. Best of luck to both states. Please don't be too sad when defeat arrived on April 20. 

Regardless of the outcome, America wins with every person we bring to our events. Good luck.

Corvette

Alright then Florida - you heard the man, it's now on! Let's get the word out to everyone who will listen that our tickets for the April 21-22 events are on sale for 42 bucks each. We do have the statistical home field advantage here! We have 6 venues with a total capacity of 140 students. Today we have 74 pre-regs. Ohio has 5 venues with a total capacity of 109 students and they now have 87 pre-regs. The math is on our side folks, it's up to us to fill them lines and get people at the events. And of course - no matter who comes out on top we all win here. Except for me if we loose; standing at my home range wearing a tri-cornered hat and getting a bucket of water dumped on me while I proclaim Ohio is the best ain't my idea of a good time. But....I do it all for you and the program! So Florida......let's get to work!

BC

Minutemom

The gauntlet has been thrown down!  However, this is no fair, because I really would love to see Big Chris in a tri-cornered hat...well, and all the rest.  Let's show Ohio how it's done Florida!  May everyone win!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Corvette

BC has pointed out above Florida's decided advantage in this contest.  However, I think his math is a little off.  It seems he forgot to carry the 2, Florida has 160 slots, not 140, to our meager 109.  To make matters worse for Ohio, one of our 5 shoots is a Ladyseed, much harder to fill.  So in the interest of fairness, I would suggest that we treat the Ohio Ladyseed like stage 4 of the AQT.  Attendees there count double. 

Thoughts Florida?

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Minutemom

Seriously Corvette?  We routinely fill our Ladyseed lines here in Florida, so I think the handicap should be a no-go.......
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

B.C.

Greetings,

I had to look into my math a bit and I found out where this discrepancy is coming from: Just to clarify, the student cap for Florida that weekend is indeed 140. There is a discrepancy in tips that says the capacity of St Augustine is 40. The true cap there is 20 only. For those of you who wish to check the validity of this statement, please see this link to the public sign up page:

https://goappleseednow.org/?event=st-augustine-fl-appleseed-april-21-22-2018

As you will see the St Augustine range is set at 20, not 40 as it says in TIPS. I'm not sure why that is but perhaps Scuzzy can fix it. So.....the true cap for us that weekend remains at 140. Now with that being said, I hear you on lady seed my brother. But, as minutemom mentioned above we routinely fill our Florida lady events with pride. So....I can't really agree to accommodate you on that one.

I do however have a counter proposal for you sir. In the spirit of good faith how about we both agree no matter who wins to wear the tri-cornered hat and get water dumped on us both while being filmed Saturday afternoon on April 21st at our perspective shoots in front our students. The SC with the fewer students that weekend still must say "Ohio Appleseed is the best" or Florida Appleseed is the best". The winner can just get wet and say thank you to your state for the great efforts! Our instructor crew on site there must be the ones who tip the bucket over our heads. How about that? Do you agree sir?

BC

Corvette

BC,

I figured that when I looked at your spreadsheet.  As to the Ladyseed proposal, I probably wouldn't have gone for it either, but hey, a good salesman always asks for the sale.  So I guess I need to figure out a way to sell Liberty Center's Ladyseed out then.  (PS what a great name for an Appleseed range).

Good luck.

Corvette

Corvette

BC,

Sure, I will gladly share a "victory baptism" in a bucket of Holy Water from the North Bridge with you.  However, one slight counter proposal.  We will post them to our Appleseed AAR's and in our State forums.  I still have a business reputation to protect and would prefer at least mine not go to youtube.  My largest customer is a baby formula producer and I don't want to make it too easy for someone their who may not share our vision to find it. 

Given that tweak, sure, I will share a bucket with you. 

Corvette

B.C.

Excellent sir! You got yourself a deal! We better start shopping for that tri-cornered hat soon!

BC

Cmdr of Flying Saucer X-2

Okay okay... the competition bug has bitten me. I will say kiss off to work and be at PMRPC to add one to the FLA tally.

I do now and will til I assume ambient temperature consider home, Corvette-land.  For the past two years the roof over my head has been B.C.-land. Both sides are close to home... errr, are home  :beer: I don't want either B.C. or Corvette to get waterized. However I do believe both should wear a tri-fold  :))

It's too bad Sandusky wasn't ASing when I was up there Corvette. I've wanted to do an AS for many years but the distance to a shoot never worked out for me.

Alright, enough babbling on, I gotta figure out some standing/offhand issues, get to dry firing, and get to mirroring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrkp025iKr0 .

I've got a patch to earn and more important, I don't wish to embarrass myself to myself as I did at my last AS!
When your government tells you who the enemy is, that is war.

When you figure it out for yourself, that is revolution.

B.C.

B.C.

3.30 UPDATE:

FL: 75
OH: 87

Lets do this Florida! At least 25 more more students are needed!

B.C.

4.2 UPDATE:

FL: 82
OH: 88

We are getting there sunshine state! Dooooooooo it!!!!!!

B.C.

4.9 UPDATE:

FL: 96
OH: 96

Almost to 100 folks, well done indeed!!
Clearwater, Palm Bay and St Augustine are all sold out events.
We need more at Hernando, the IDMR and Myakka please!

B.C.

4.10  UPDATE:

FL: 99
OH: 98

One more Florida to reach that magic number of 100!

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

TheMenace

We're sold out at Palm Bay. We'll have to send our overflow to Hernando or St Augustine.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

B.C.

B.C.

Cable___Guy

I wonder how our Florida Ohio Rivalry stacks up against the rest of the country?
I am willing to bet we are leading the pack.

I am looking at local facilities to find a dunk tank for B.C.   :2t

One little bucket of north bridge water may not be enough.

:F
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

TheMenace

I'm in Lexington/Concord for Patriots Day. I'll bring back as much real North Bridge water as TSA will allow. It won't be a bucket full!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

minnesotarabit

Sorry I will not be in FL to enjoy Patriot's Day with you all, we did have a successful (albeit smaller 1:1 due to range traffic flow changes) CFRPC Ladies Day last Saturday - hats off to squidgator, cable_guy, Tom, Mr. Pete's daughter, and several other people from the range for the help. Have a list of women interested in AS/LS and they want another LS in fall/winter.

As for me will be in DFW on business, but taking AS brochures with me as there are a couple strong patriots in the group I plan to prosthelytize while there. I have to say that working the Ladies Day in two walking boots kicked my butt, and one more ankle replacement to go. 

Can use some more sign ups for OH, etc on the private shoot at NSB Oct. 19-20. Thank you cable-guy for stepping up to SB and tom-thumb for signing up to instruct. Expect this line to be near full, for private farm and church group, number of ladies with little to no experience as well.

Enjoy - weather supposed to cooperate!

Huzzah! and congrats on the sign-ups.

mr
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

B.C.

4.17 UPDATE:

FL: 111
OH: 106

Good old Florida is pushing out that lead real nice like.

Cmdr of Flying Saucer X-2

Quote from: B.C. on March 28, 2018, 09:37:35 AMWe do have the statistical home field advantage here! We have 6 venues with a total capacity of 140 students. Today we have 74 pre-regs. Ohio has 5 venues with a total capacity of 109 students and they now have 87 pre-regs. The math is on our side folks....
BC

Florida is beyond Ohio's 109 capacity, so the competition is a lock for Fla, yes?
When your government tells you who the enemy is, that is war.

When you figure it out for yourself, that is revolution.

stoneknives

Quote from: Cmdr of Flying Saucer X-2 on April 17, 2018, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: B.C. on March 28, 2018, 09:37:35 AMWe do have the statistical home field advantage here! We have 6 venues with a total capacity of 140 students. Today we have 74 pre-regs. Ohio has 5 venues with a total capacity of 109 students and they now have 87 pre-regs. The math is on our side folks....
BC

Florida is beyond Ohio's 109 capacity, so the competition is a lock for Fla, yes?

Fred would tell ya to, squeeze them in or run them in relays.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Corvette

To Fla AS,

Well the numbers are in and it seems on this day, for this one time, I must bow to Fla for a great job of filling your shoots.  I will make no excuses, congratulations for winning the challenge and for getting 120 shooters onto your lines to learn about our shared Rifleman heritage.  Well done. 

Corvette

B.C.

Quote from: Corvette on April 20, 2018, 01:58:42 PM
To Fla AS,

Well the numbers are in and it seems on this day, for this one time, I must bow to Fla for a great job of filling your shoots.  I will make no excuses, congratulations for winning the challenge and for getting 120 shooters onto your lines to learn about our shared Rifleman heritage.  Well done. 

Corvette

Indeed sir, well done to all. Florida wins. The final tally is:

FL: 120
OH: 111

I say thank you to both states for making it happen for the program and your state!

Sleepy Dawg

I attended the PMRPC location for this one, and I will point out that Gary did have a tri-cornered hat on Sunday afternoon.  I was a bit quizzical about it until I read this message arc.

-Zzzzz