News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas HBC - History Boot Camp - August 25/26 2018

Started by Ghostring, March 27, 2018, 09:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

HISTORY BOOT CAMP in Texas - August 25/26, 2018

We have a Texas-sized treat in store for us, just in time to re-energize us for the Fall schedule!

An Appleseed History Boot Camp (HBC) is a great way to kick your history/storytelling into high gear!

We're running a two-day (let's call it 1-3/4 day) event of nothing but history!  If you like the stories, you'll LOVE this Boot Camp!
Orange hats of any level are especially encouraged to attend.  This is your opportunity to start climbing the "Mountain of History" with a well-seasoned Sherpa by your side ;)

We're bringing in some big guns for this event!  I'd tell you all about it, but I don't want anyone to faint!   :bow:
Suffice it to say, the HBC will be well-presented!

Who: This event is geared toward getting Orange hats up to speed for their PC4.  That said, it doesn't matter if you're a brand-new IIT, or a seasoned Shoot Boss -- You will benefit!  Applecore is also strongly encouraged to attend!

Where: Cedar Creek, TX (Near Austin) at a personal residence.  Address to follow.

When: August 25-26, 2018  Starting Saturday morning at 8:30 am.  Ending Sunday by 3:00 pm.

Cost: Attendance is FREE!  (But we'll likely have to charge for food - $$ TBD...I've seen some of y'all eat  ;D )

Food:  To be determined, but good Texas chow!  We're absolutely having our world-famous Boot Camp Chili, and likely some roarin' good BBQ as well.  There's a few kitchens available on-site, so if you want to contribute, let me know in this thread!

Accommodations:  You are welcome to stay on site or grab a hotel nearby.  Those staying on site bring a cot or inflatable mattress, sleeping bag and pillow.  Also bring toiletries and a towel.   If you are coming in Friday night, let me know!

What else to bring?  A comfortable chair, note pad, your copy of Paul Revere's ride, other history books or notes you have and most of all bring a teachable attitude.  This'll be a real treat!

More information, including registration link, to follow!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Ghostring

Oh, did I mention that there's a 25M range at the location?  We can shoot, too  ;)  O0
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

scuzzy

Put on the schedule. You can sign up via TIPS now.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TT92

I just signed up.  Since I may be the first, I claim "first dibs" on the most desirable spot for my air mattress.  Ok, I claim it even if I'm not first.   ^-^
I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!

Mercedes

AF5US

Huzzah!  :F
Aaaaaand I'm registered.  I'll be planning to sleep onsite, and if we're having Texas chili I'll bring some "mild" sauces  >:D
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

didactic

As site host, let me 'splain a few things.

Arrivals will be welcome anytime after 1 pm Friday.  Anybody needing to stay over Sunday night will be welcome also, although I don't expect any will.  I haven't seen the POI, but I expect any shooting will be done after official sessions are over.  This is not primarily a shooting event.

There are a couple of beds available, "first dibs" allotted to visiting out-of-state presenters.  There is limited cot/air mattress/floor space available inside the building, and generous RV parking/tent pitching space available outside.  The building is air conditioned, and there are hot and cold running water bathrooms, one with a stall shower and one with a combo tub/shower.  So sleeping facilities might get a little cozy or spartan, but we should all be able to keep sweet-smelling and sanitary.  There is also an above-ground swimming pool for after-class cooloffs.

There are numerous motels in Bastrop, 15 mi/20-25 min. distant.

Further info will be available, as Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. used to say, "in due course."
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

AF5US

Thanks Didactic.

As one that still trends on the generally younger side of the corps, I'll volunteer to throw down a cot.  If space is a little too tight, I'll be one that puts that cot in a tent.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)