News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman's Boot Camp Mach 11-16th, 2018

Started by Yankee Doodle, February 14, 2018, 11:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Doodle

Instructor Corps of North Carolina,

Next month, we have a Rifleman's Boot Camp (March 11 - 16, 2018) scheduled.

Join us for this comprehensive, week-long program that builds on the skills acquired at previous weekend Appleseeds and Known-Distance Appleseeds. The Rifleman's Boot Camp (RBC) puts you on the fast track to becoming a Rifleman - or an Appleseed instructor. The training consists of classroom instruction, range-safety instruction, and marksmanship from varied distances. You'll learn the basics of shooting at 25 yards, and then you'll test those same principles by shooting at ranges of 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. In addition to a .22, bring your centerfire rifle so you can get the thrill of engaging targets out to 500 yards. All of this will take place at the beautiful Appleseed home range in Ramseur, North Carolina.

During this intense week, you'll have the chance to get to know your dedicated volunteer instructors and your fellow students really well on the way to forging lifelong bonds and friendships. In the words of one of our RBC graduates, "If you don't have one of the best times of your life at this boot camp, something is seriously wrong with you."

To sign up: https://goappleseednow.org/?event=ramseur-nc-riflemans-boot-camp-march-11-16-2018

This is a great opportunity not only to improve ourselves as shooters, but to improve ourselves as Instructors and Volunteers as well to further The Mission of waking our fellow Americans from their slumber.

I realize not everyone can get a week off to do this, but I think we should each make a concerted effort to make it on Thursday evening for an Instructor cookout/barbeque and break bread together, then stay for the IBC portion that takes place on Friday.  We owe it to our shooters to stay on point with the quality of our instruction, and as Riflemen and Riflewomen, we should always be striving to improve ourselves, even when doing so is tough.

If you can attend the whole week, please sign up.

Please let myself or Polonius know if you can at least make Thursday evening/Friday so we can plan accordingly.  And if you can attend all or some, or even if you are unable to attend, please spread the word to fill up the firing line for this event.  Let people know on social media, at the range, or at work.  Encourage your fellow Instructors from Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida - anywhere in our Republic - to make time and come on out for the RBC.

We need to fill up the firing line with shooters and instructors, and each of us can help do that.

Thanks for all that each of you do in making Project Appleseed a success.

Yours in Liberty,

Stephen McKee
North Carolina State Coordinator
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

ChestyPuller

First shot hit under time pressure is the goal of every rifleman.