News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread -- Morengo/Cardinal Shooting Center Apr 7 & 8, 2018

Started by Corvette, March 13, 2018, 02:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio,

We are less than a month  out from our first shoot in Morengo, Ohio at Cardinal Shooting Center.  Originally set at 20 shooters we quickly sold it out and increased it to 30.  We are at 29 shooters so I am going to up it again to 40 shooters.  We will have somewhere between 30 and 40 shooters so we are going to need plenty of help at this one. 

So, if anybody can help, please sign up.  It is a really interesting facility. Come check it out. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

I'll be there with bells on... Plan on getting a spot to stay on site.
Let me know what POI you'd like for me to do.

Corvette

CDW

I will get us a cabin reserved for Fri and Sat nights. Their std cabin sleeps four so if any other instructors want to bunk up with us sing out.

Corvette

Quote from: cwcdl79 on March 13, 2018, 03:36:27 PM
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Instructors/Shooters,

Given the nature of where we will be shooting, it would be good if we had a number of pop ups to provide shade and cover for gear if the weather is bad. 

I have one, a few more would be much better.

Corvette

cwcdl79

I have a smaller one I will bring.
Let me know if anything else is needed.
Dom

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: Corvette on March 13, 2018, 06:20:23 PM
CDW

I will get us a cabin reserved for Fri and Sat nights. Their std cabin sleeps four so if any other instructors want to bunk up with us sing out.

Corvette

Quote from: cwcdl79 on March 13, 2018, 03:36:27 PM

I am bringing the family, so I booked a cabin for us. Jonathan is signed up to shoot and the girls will likely go into Columbus for the day Saturday.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Corvette

St8space

Great plan.  Do we want to put together a cook out of some kind for Sat evening?

Corvette

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: Corvette on March 16, 2018, 04:03:42 PM
St8space

Great plan.  Do we want to put together a cook out of some kind for Sat evening?

Corvette

Sounds like a good idea to me. Something simple? Like maybe hamburgers or brats? Have to admit, I'm a lousy cook, but I can definitely bring along some hamburgers, hotdogs or brats...
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

cwcdl79

charcoal grill available?
I can add some stuff to the mix if that's the route we're going. Will update later with more details.

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: cwcdl79 on March 27, 2018, 03:49:00 PM
charcoal grill available?
I can add some stuff to the mix if that's the route we're going. Will update later with more details.

According to the website, the cabins do indeed have charcoal grills.

cwcdl79

Do we have POI assignments yet? just checking.
I'll grab some charcoal and lighter fluid and a side dish for dinner.
Let me know what else. Plan on being there around 430ish Friday.
Dom

cwcdl79

Change in plans, I'll be there earlier to check into a cabin. Instead of grilling out, you guys ok with a chicken, shrimp, & sausage paella? I can bring that along.
Dom

Shards

So Saturday weather right now is forecasted to be 22 - 38 F. Does that qualify this as a winterseed?  ;)

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: cwcdl79 on April 04, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
Change in plans, I'll be there earlier to check into a cabin. Instead of grilling out, you guys ok with a chicken, shrimp, & sausage paella? I can bring that along.
Dom

I am okay with that. I'll be bringing three packages of Johnsonville brats and buns, but, if they don't get used, I can just use them for dinner at home next week.

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: cwcdl79 on April 02, 2018, 09:50:11 AM
Do we have POI assignments yet? just checking.
I'll grab some charcoal and lighter fluid and a side dish for dinner.
Let me know what else. Plan on being there around 430ish Friday.
Dom

Lots of shooters, and I have a big mouth, so I can call the line if you'd like. But, I'm good with whatever ya'll need me to do, other than history lol.

cwcdl79

I have breakfast and dinner for the weekend for the instructors.

Ricochet Rabbit

Quote from: Shards on April 06, 2018, 11:10:17 AM
Was food truck confirmed?

The food truck was indeed confirmed. The shoot boss sent out an email, but, in case you weren't copied, I am pasting it below. See you tomorrow!

Hello Shooters.

I have some additional information regarding the shoot this weekend.   

1.  I have confirmed that there will be a food truck at the event for both days.  They will be there in the morning for breakfast items and throughout both days so you have the option of bringing your lunch or buying it at the event.  I don't know menu or other details but I think it will be good.

2.  There is a mobile office at the range we will be using.  Our plan is to use it for instructions and lunch so you can have a chance to warm up a couple times each day.   

3.  Cardinal is a very large shooting center.  Finding the pistol range where we are going to be takes some doing.  Please follow the "Pistol", "Pistol Range" and/or "Range" signs.  The pistol ranges are straight ahead and to the west of all the trap ranges you see as you enter the facility.  Once you arrive at the Pistol range, drive past it to the parking lot west of all the pistol bays.  This will put very close to where we will be shooting.

4.  When you arrive, please leave all your gear and all firearms in your vehicle and find the registration table.  You will receive additional instructions at registration on next steps.   

The temps don't look to be great but if the sun is out and the wind isn't bad, it should be a good weekend.  Again, if there are any last minute questions, let me know.   

Steve (Corvette)

Shards

Thanks St8space. I got the first email, but not the one you copy and pasted here.