News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montpelier, Virginia March 10-11, 2018

Started by The Wolfhound, March 12, 2018, 10:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

A cold but quality event!  14 shooters braved the cold of early March in Virginia to test themselves against the AQT.  The weather teased us with near Winterseed conditions but by the time we were running AQTs it had warmed to almost 40; the snow flurries earlier in the day were mostly forgotten.  we had 8 staff for 14 shooters and that meant there was a lot of instructor time for individual instruction and correction.  Congratulations to our 5 new riflemen: Aaron, Lincoln, Harry, Caleb, and David.  Returning Rifleman Alex repeated his qualification.  Jay told the first strike, Galen the Second strike, Alan told the third and Sam covered Dangerous Old Men, with John doing his exceptional version of KD and target identification.  Special thanks to Herb and Taylor for hosting us on the range and keeping us on task all day on Saturday and special mention to Larry who kept a couple of our young shooters focused on task and in a safe direction; they did provide a challenge at times.  This group was so efficient and focused that we set a new record for Virginia round count of 567. We had 4 youth who were working hard at improvement and Makenzie qualified as "Sharpshooter" and Jayden was only 3 points away, I am sure she would have made it if she had returned on Sunday.  Isaac and Daniel were impressive at how rapidly they perfected magazine changes on their Marlin rifles.  Harry seventh stepped and has committed to joining the instructor corps.

peeksights

As always, thanks to the instructors for giving their time to teach us some serious rifle skills and to educate us on the events of April 18-19, 1775.  Special thanks to Larry for working so closely with me to make sure that I was finding and adjusting my NPOA--even during the rapid fire stages.  Very proud to have earned Rifleman, even if it took a few Appleseeds, and excited to build on the skills I learned. 

Thanks again to all the instructors, this program would be nothing without you.

Lincoln

misawa

One day away from a real Winterseed - inch and a half of snow on Monday!

Fun weekend!  Great, attentive shooters!  Pics to come!

misawa

Pics 1 of 8

misawa

Pics 2 of 8

misawa

Pics 3 of 8

misawa

Pics 4 of 8

misawa

Pics 5 of 8

misawa

Pics 6 of 8