News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay, FL, March 17-18, 2018 AAR

Started by TheMenace, March 19, 2018, 10:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

Seventeen budding and seasoned patriots assembled for the semi-annual centerfire-capable Appleseed Clinic at the Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club in Palm Bay, Florida.  The weather was splendid! The Training Bay, formerly the 50 yard rifle range (recently widened to 35 yards) was our training ground for the weekend.

Our youngest participant was 9 years old, with six under 18; the oldest 64. Six were ladies. Our youngest lady, Charity age 10 and youngest gentleman, Noah age 9, shot Marksman scores! HUZZAH! Three Rifleman patches were earned by Stephen (requalify), Tommy and Pete. Great job gentlemen! Many others distinguished themselves with Sharpshooter scores.

Two families joined us for the weekend. The Hills, from Miami and the Mansoors, from Oahu, Hawaii. The Mansoors are on a year-long RV trek around the country. They recently visited Battle Road and were delighted we were able to provide equipment so they could partake of our marksmanship and history lessons. Both families are a delightful. Mahalo!

This was by far the safest and most diligent group I've had the pleasure to instruct. Thank you for your contribution to liberty! The next centerfire-capable clinic in Palm Bay will be September, 2018. There are only twenty positions on the line, so sign up early to ensure your spot.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

B.C.

O0 Great job Palm Bay crew! Thanks for all you do........!!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Willociraptor

Had a great time over the weekend! It was my first event as an Orange Hat / IIT, and there were times I was feeling a little like I was the one "drinking from a fire hose," but I am generally satisfied with my place on the learning curve and look forward to getting better and more efficient. Other instructors were very helpful in showing me the ropes.
Even got to do a little shooting myself! I really enjoyed getting to put some rounds downrange on my M1A! The recoil was obviously very different from the 10/22's, but having a solid shooting position (*cough cough*) soaked it all up. It was easy to time my breathing with the sights leaving and returning to the target for an effective rifleman's cadence. The bullet holes look so huge on those little targets!  :cool2:

It was encouraging - nay, downright heartwarming! - to see so many young patriots in attendance. Kudos to the parents for making a point to teach their children about heritage, liberty, firearms responsibility, and marksmanship. It genuinely just felt good to see youngsters not only in attendance, but attentive. All shooters, young and old, were receptive to instruction and disciplined on the firing line. The generally cooperative setting made the whole event a pleasure. Three shooters scored Rifleman, and several others scored Marksman and Sharpshooter. I'm confident that they have it in them to score Rifleman before long, with a little more persistence.

I didn't get much free time between this duty and that duty, but managed to use what little I did have to get some pictures. Many were intimidated at first by TheMenace's M1, but everybody who shot it seemed to really enjoy it, and then encouraged others to try it as well. Like I said, heartwarming.

What a splendid weekend! Thanks to all who helped make it happen, and congratulations to our new Riflemen! Huzzah!  :F :F
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem