News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Waco, TX March 9-11 2018

Started by Ghostring, March 12, 2018, 09:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

Another excellent IBC at the famous Central Texas Rifle & Pistol club!

A stalwart troop of sixteen fantastic Appleseeders of all hat colors came together to present, experience, learn and practice their marksmanship instruction this past weekend! 
Not only that, they were able to learn and bask in the history and heritage that makes our United States of America so unique among nations! 

And do it all under one roof!  An IBC in Texas is something special O0

Run and staffed this year by our Texas Appleseed cadre, this IBC did not disappoint!  The instruction, the material, the crew, and the audience were superb.  And the food?!?  Oh, the food!!!... :1luvu

The now-famous Texas IBC Chili dinner was augmented this year by a second Chili (venison, no less!) provided by Richard D. Jones and his lovely wife!  Fritos and cheeze and hot sauce were the order of the day!  Mountains of Ice Cream and desserts of all kinds were served, as well as fresh fruit and chips.  Sandwiches at lunchtime could be simple or fully dressed as desired with mountains of tomatoes, lettuce and jalepenos!  Piping hot bacon and sausage breakfast tacos were available both mornings, and didactic's famous biscuits and minestrone were the talk of Friday night's festivities!
(...man, I need to eat before writing the next AAR :) )

I want to thank ALL of the attendees for their time and effort in making Texas a stronger Appleseed state! 
...I am humbled by your dedication and spirit!

Special congratulations to WeaponX, who can test out two levels after this IBC  ^:)^

2018 is going to be a banner year for Texas!  Huzzah!!  :F

Jim (Ghostring)
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Mrs. Smith

Yay!
Sounds like another awesome IBC, Ghostring!  I'm so sorry we had to miss it  :-[  As soon as you've locked down dates for next year,  I'll put in for the time off, amd we'll make those plans,  I promise!
Congrats, everyone, on a successful event!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Ghostring

It was super fun, and you were definitely missed!  Next year we're going to have a show-and-tell where all the tube-wonders show us mag-humpers how to shoot a RFAQT  ;D

Check out the photo!  Period costumes!
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Superheat

Ghostring,

Congratulations to Texas on a successful IBC!  I was thinking about it over the weekend and wishing I was there.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at NRAM.

Huzzah!

Gugisman

Great people, great time, lots learned, too much eaten!

The 'Train the Trainer' IBC curriculum/material utilized is excellent, and the process extremely effective. Top shelf!

IIT's from around the universe should book early for the world renowned Texas IBT, January 2019 (third weekend)... really!!

(Attached is a pic of Ghostring presenting Richard Jones, board member of the club, a beautiful plaque, in appreciation for the years of club support.)

PS. Jordan and Suzy: You two win the 'Most Authentic Look' prize, if we had a vote...
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Mercedes

Thank you, Jim, for hosting and preparing me to go for Red Hat.  I was able to identify what I need to work on before next weekend in addition to "honing" my skills.

Thank you, Tuesday, for being so gracious and AWAKE to prepare our meals (especially in light to Sunday morning's time change!!!!)

Thank you, Paul Rome and Didactic (Dean) for sharing the depth of your experience, the fun costumes, and "kicking our butts" playing Appleseed Jeopardy.  Just goes to show, wisdom and experience, are what AS is all about.

Thank you, Green Hats and Red Hats, for several "light bulb" moments, especially Guigisman and NPOA - not only to instruct but also how to "relax into the sling!"  I'm going to use your technique at the next shoot in Waco!

Thank you, fellow Orange Hats, for sharing your knowledge of rifles and shooting and asking questions that I hadn't thought to ask.  We learn collectively and the more questions that are asked, the more in depth the answers become.

Thank you, SuperHeat, for sharing your IMC training...I'm excited to incorporate it when I'm asked to instruction IMC in the future!

I'm excited for the upcoming History Boot Camp in August in Bastrop County and am volunteering to help plan if any help is needed.

Mercedes (Debbie)

Ragnar Delta

You guys look fantastic! Huzzah!

So sorry I couldn't make it, sounds like a fabulous time was had by all!

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Ghostring on March 12, 2018, 09:47:27 AM
It was super fun, and you were definitely missed!  Next year we're going to have a show-and-tell where all the tube-wonders show us mag-humpers how to shoot a RFAQT  ;D

Check out the photo!  Period costumes!

😲 

Oh $#!*.   So I guess I'd best get over my "stage fright," huh?

Costumes are great!! It sounds like y'all had an amazing event
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Superheat

Mercedes,

The real thanks need to go to ITB.  I just stole his work.  Honestly, I'm interested to see what I can steal borrow from you Texans.