News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Proctor Fish & Game Club in Proctor VT has requested a shoot - who's up for it?

Started by dwarven1, March 11, 2018, 11:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

I ran into the President of the Proctor Fish & Game Club last weekend; he stopped at my table at the NEACA gun show in Rutland. He'd purchased a couple of guns from me a couple of years ago, and attended the last shoot at Proctor Fish & Game Club. Now he's the club President, and wants us back.

I'll definitely need some help on this one. Who's up for this?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

TOMINCT

Hi, I may be able to help, depends if the date falls on a booked weekend.

Any thoughts on a date?

It may be worth checking Mass. and eastern NY events to make sure there isn't a potential conflict.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

dwarven1

They had asked for Father's Day weekend. I'm not sure how good a choice that is. But since my dad is gone some 30+ years and I don't have kids, it's just a day to me. Gives me an excuse to stay away from a radio and NOT hear things like Love Without End Amen.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Mrs. Smith

That settles it.  I need to become independently wealthy,  so I don't have to worry about having a "day job," and I can just travel all over helping with events that are short of instructors.

:-\
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Nashville Stage

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on March 13, 2018, 01:34:30 PMThat settles it.  I need to become independently wealthy,  so I don't have to worry about having a "day job," and I can just travel all over helping with events that are short of instructors.

Buy yourself a private jet, too. It makes for faster transportation, and no worries about TSA. ;)
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Nashville Stage on March 13, 2018, 06:06:27 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Smith on March 13, 2018, 01:34:30 PMThat settles it.  I need to become independently wealthy,  so I don't have to worry about having a "day job," and I can just travel all over helping with events that are short of instructors.

Buy yourself a private jet, too. It makes for faster transportation, and no worries about TSA. ;)

I was thinking about a pusher rv with a trailer on back for a car, actually. Home away from home and all that ;)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

dwarven1

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on March 13, 2018, 06:10:59 PM
I was thinking about a pusher rv with a trailer on back for a car, actually. Home away from home and all that ;)
Coworker has a diesel pusher with a platform for his GL1200 Gold Wing, and a tow hitch for his F150... which has a golf cart in the bed.

BUT if you can get to Vermont, I can put you up. Hot and cold running cats, a gun shop on site, well water better than any water you've ever tasted in a city and Luv2Bfree's cookin'. Which is awesome; she'll be providing sausage tortellini soup for lunch on Saturday if I can talk her into it.

And I have two, count 'em two, guest rooms, so I've got room to spare for two to four instructors. (Well... four, if they come in matched sets like Luv2BFree and I do. I married her after we met at a shoot in Massachusetts.)

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: dwarven1 on March 13, 2018, 11:28:04 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Smith on March 13, 2018, 06:10:59 PM
Coworker has a diesel pusher with a platform for his GL1200 Gold Wing, and a tow hitch for his F150... which has a golf cart in the bed.

BUT if you can get to Vermont, I can put you up. Hot and cold running cats, a gun shop on site, well water better than any water you've ever tasted in a city and Luv2Bfree's cookin'. Which is awesome; she'll be providing sausage tortellini soup for lunch on Saturday if I can talk her into it.

And I have two, count 'em two, guest rooms, so I've got room to spare for two to four instructors. (Well... four, if they come in matched sets like Luv2BFree and I do. I married her after we met at a shoot in Massachusetts.)

Very generous of you,  kind sir! I'm pretty sure my oldest daughter graduates from AIT that week, but if not I'll see what I can do. Seriously.  I've got family in Mass.

dwarven1

It's OFFICIAL. June 16-17.

.22 LR only, primitive camping allowed, going to limit it to 25.

GEORGE WASHINGTON