News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville,Tn March 10,2018

Started by CokeGuy, March 11, 2018, 09:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Perhaps due to the weather forecast for heavy rain, we had 3 cancellations and 2 no-shows. But the 11 brave souls who did show were treated to some of the best instruction in the Appleseed program! For this one day event we had 6 instructors doing the "heavy lifting" for this shoot boss. The outstanding cadre of participants coupled with these fine instructors yielded 2 new riflemen and one re-qualification! And everyone improved dramatically as the day progressed. B.J. and Scott were first with scores of 226 and 225. Then, David C. came through with a re-qualification of 216. Huzzah! Now, David, dust off that Appleseed hat and join us again...we miss you, brother.  "Army" (Scott) won the day over "Air Force" (Eric) on this day. There will be another day, Eric....Riflemen persist! Amber, Aaron and Adam, you improved so much during the day. Work with your rifles to get them properly sighted and come on back.

By compressing the day's instruction with a heavy emphasis on trigger control and NPOA practice early, we were able to shoot 3 AQTs after using the green instruction target to acclimate the participants to Stage 3, each of the seated positions and to standing. All instructors were very impressed with the attention and focus of the participants.  All Three Strikes and a compressed KD were also presented. Thanks to dad for bringing David, Nathan and Jonathan...they looked to have had a fun day.

My sincere thanks to Guardian, Cleveland, Old Navy Doc, Hazmat, Hardbean and Nashville Stage for making this a safe, enjoyable and productive day!

Nashville Stage

I had an awesome time, and was happy to meet the folks who came out to hear the stories of liberty (and learn marksmanship, too). ;)

Congratulations to the new Rifleman! You earned it. I look forward to seeing everyone out on the range again soon.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Guardian

What an EXCELLENT day! I enjoyed sharing it with the attendees and instructors. I didn't get a whole lot of time with individuals, but was very appreciative of the effort by all to soak up as much of the information as possible. The improvement was obvious. I hope you were able to see it, as well.

I look forward to seeing you again at future events.

Old Navy Doc

Considering the weather alternatives we have all experienced elsewhere, this shoot was fantastic!

Additionally, the bunk house, enclosed classroom, covered and floored firing line, and gravel-filled scenic range makes this my favorite Appleseed location.

The students made it a wonderful, meaningful, and nontraumatic  experience for us instructors. They all listened, learned, and improved so much that the dreaded "Time Monkey" was not even a factor! Amazing for a one day course and a testament to Shoot Boss CokeGuy and the whole team.

I can't wait to come back.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Hardbean

Congrats to those who earned their patch!  All the other attendees are well on their way to earning theirs as well!  I look forward to seeing you all again in the future!