News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club March 3-4

Started by smoakingun, March 07, 2018, 11:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

Hollywood Florida.
What a great venue, great range, great staff, and a great time.
Saturday began promptly a 9AM. Students showed up with teachable attitudes and were ready to learn. After the red coat, the instructors went to work putting out instruction at lightning pace. Students drank it in. Juniors kept the pace without complaint. Students were on squares by 10AM and on AQTs by 3PM, just after the 2nd strike. 4 AQTs later, they were tired and wanting more.
Sunday was an even better start, on the line for red coats by 9. We finished the day with 8 more AQTs.

I have to give tons of credit to the kids on the line and their parents. When the instructors met on Friday, there were concerns about safety with so many kids on the line. Our fears were unfounded. The kids were great. They followed instructions, were safe, and eager to learn. They were attentive and applied what they were taught.
Thankyou to the parents for doing such a fine job.

Now a big thanks to my instructors. You guys made the weekend happen. You covered everything and kept me on track. Thanks for all you do.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Cable___Guy

Photos.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

rambo granny

This has always been a great venue with super students & this was no exception.
Had several family groups as well as one group Of 5 members from same family. Now that's America!
. drumingun's 10 year old daughter had amazing grit & determination plus being safe. A true inspiration.
Sinkoff shot score again...but a palpable new level of determination showed itself when he learned about that shiny red bar "distinguished". No, we are not a patch club, but any patch/bar that inspires one to reach a new level is an awesome thing in my book. He hit the magic 240 & was a major happy guy.
Hollywood is one of our favorite venues as Appleseed folk are treated like family.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Willociraptor

Quote from: smoakingun on March 07, 2018, 11:23:16 PMtired and wanting more

Excellent!

Sounds and looks like fun. Good job to all.   :F
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

Chris7.62

Outstanding instruction, coupled with great history lessons, equals a great weekend on the range!  Already planning to attend another ‘seed next month.  Thanks again to the instructors and club members that made it happen.

rambo granny

Here's a 3 min 16 sec video on the you tube FL instructors chanel. Hope more instructors can experience Our southernmost host range.

https://youtu.be/snfH1d8N17A
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

iloveliberty

Wow, great job on the video. Definitely felt at home at the Hollywood venue.
"Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." John Quincy Adams

Puttup

Dear Appleseed instructors,

Thank you for a terrific weekend. Your inspired passion and commitment to Life, Liberty, History, and the shooting sports is truly a thing of beauty to observe.

It was a perfect Florida weekend; bright sunshine, mild breeze, and cool temperatures. The host range, Hollywood Rifle & Pistol Club, is a fabulous facility. They accommodated the group and provided an environment that supported the stated goals of Project Appleseed.  Learning about: our founding history; overcoming adversity; Liberty, and oh yah, shooting a rifle was a fantastic experience. One I will highly recommend to friends and family.

This was our second Appleseed event and another chance at those fleeting moments known as a Daddy-Daughter time. I appreciate the chance to unplug, push back from the chaos of daily activity and focus on a common project together. She is new to shooting and only recently started to show signs of interest in owning a gun or training in general. Your emphasis on safe gun handling and high-quality instruction in the use and operation of firearms is second to none.

Sometimes I need to hear things more than once in order to understand its proper meaning and appropriate usage; my wife can attest to that. This second time through Appleseed, the stories were the same, but they weren't. The rifle instruction was the same, but it wasn't. My daughter expressed similar impressions of the weekend. Not an aha moment, more like: things that make you go hmmm.

A father's responsibilities are many; leading by example may be the most important and hardest to achieve. I believe in this country, I believe in individual responsibility and I believe that knowledge is power.  America is a legacy, one that is passed on from parent to child, neighbor to neighbor, and Appleseed volunteers to anyone willing to listen.

Looking back on the weekend; your time, commitment and dedication to the craft are stellar examples of leadership, community, and service to others.

I now understand the meaning of a debt that can never be repaid; except by paying it forward.
The Cornerstone of a Nation, its men, their families and the community.

Working tools of a Rifleman: Steady Hold Factors, Six Steps in Firing the Shot, NPOA.

I am a Traveling Man